Scuba Club Cozumel closing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish that the owner(s) had written a farewell letter or statement explaining things to all of their long-time and loyal customers. I never met him through the years but was under the impression that he ruled with an iron fist.
I believe that owner ruling with an "iron fist" is counter productive in the long term. Maybe one of the prime reasons for closing. Not my way.

Dave Dillehay

I believe that owner ruling with an "iron fist" is counter productive in the long term. Maybe one of the prime reasons for closing. Not my way.

Dave Dillehay
Couldn’t agree with you more. The employees were not empowered to do ANYTHING at all out of the ordinary. I’m going to try VA in a few months. 😉

Couldn’t agree with you more. The employees were not empowered to do ANYTHING at all out of the ordinary. I’m going to try VA in a few months. 😉
VA?

We are going to try Blue Angel in December, and then probably next year, we will do Vila Aldora. I hope we fall in love with one of these places like we did with SCC.

I wish that the owner(s) had written a farewell letter or statement explaining things to all of their long-time and loyal customers. I never met him through the years but was under the impression that he ruled with an iron fist.
Agreed - the owner could have been more open about the closure - both to the loyal customer base, and to the staff. I was chatting with some staff last spring, and they mentioned rumours about it being shut down.

I never met the owner either, but did chat with Tim a few times. He seemed like a nice guy who was doing his best to manage the business and keep everyone happy. I also had the impression that the owner was very strict about what the staff could and could not do.

Divegoose

The closing of SCC is the end of an era regardless of what comes of the property, be it reopened under new owners or torn down. Very sad for all but I saw this coming post Covid there were no more dinners, other meals were not the same, just was not the same. Do not know if it was a victim of the pandemonium, time, or other factors or combinations of many things.
Best Malapropism in a while. Thanks for that :yeahbaby:

A very pleasant man many have seen walking past SCC over many years.

DSC_1841_2.JPG

Best Malapropism in a while. Thanks for that :yeahbaby:

Not sure it was a malapropism since my use was intentional and fully know the difference between pandemonium and pandemic. One would refer to the viral disease we have all become overly familiar with and the other hints at the psychological ramifications and resulting responses.

I will miss SCC, it matters not what caused the impending closing, only that many of us have fond memories and friends there and it a loss on many levels. :crying:

Not sure it was a malapropism since my use was intentional and fully know the difference between pandemonium and pandemic.
It's like when I refer to that monstrosity across from the naval base as Puta Langosta. I know the difference. :D

Back
Top Bottom