Scuba Club Cozumel closing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the top image on my Facebook page. It has been for at least 8 years.
We always used to get room #73. The second floor on the left of the image.

1725201626299.jpeg

This year we were going to do one week at SCC and one week at Blue Angel (like we did last year). Instead, we are doing two weeks at Blue Angel. I really like both places in different ways. They are both (were for SCC) great dive resorts, in different ways, it was totally different vacations, just 1/2 mile from each other.

FWIW, neither Blue Angel nor Villa Aldora are AIs.
If you ask, BA will give you an AI quote/price. I did it once, and I regretted it because I felt obligated to eat all my meals there instead of going into town to experience all the great places to eat.

If you ask, BA will give you an AI quote/price. I did it once, and I regretted it because I felt obligated to eat all my meals there instead of going into town to experience all the great places to eat.
I did not know that it was an option, but I would not be interested. As you say, there are tons of great options in town that I would not want to miss.

I did not know that it was an option, but I would not be interested. As you say, there are tons of great options in town that I would not want to miss.
The same would hold true for the Villa Aldora. Even though they have refrigerators and dining stuff in every room, the short walk or bicycle into town opens up a lot of the joys that AI victims miss. Many times we have considered some sort of AI service--but we don't want our guests to miss the very best of Cozumel that the town offers.

Dave Dillehay

This is really stretching the AI concept but you can always hire cooks to come to your hotel/BnB. I suspect some hotels may frown or limit access. They will come to your place and fix fantastic homemade meals. Tell her what kind of meals you like and how often, she does the grocery shopping, shows up, cooks then cleans up - super easy. The options are really unlimited. One meal or three meals a day, everyday or once a week, your choice. Very affordable as well.

It is wonderful how memories tend to embellish with time. I had a friend who told a great story once then said. "I've told that story so many times I no longer know if it is true or not."

I think the guy is suffering from nostalgia. I've been going for 20 years and there is more nightlife now than in 2005. The kind of places he likes are commercial tourist traps and the places I avoid. I never have trouble finding a place to go when I want to drink. The cruisers have always dried up after 5pm. Maybe what happened is the divers staying on island wised up to the tourist traps and their price gouging and found better cheaper bars off Melgar.

I think the guy is suffering from nostalgia. I've been going for 20 years and there is more nightlife now than in 2005. The kind of places he likes are commercial tourist traps and the places I avoid. I never have trouble finding a place to go when I want to drink. The cruisers have always dried up after 5pm. Maybe what happened is the divers staying on island wised up to the tourist traps and their price gouging and found better cheaper bars off Melgar.
Like 'Ohana, maybe?

It is wonderful how memories tend to embellish with time. I had a friend who told a great story once then said. "I've told that story so many times I no longer know if it is true or not."
Reminds me of one of Lee Trevino’s best lines: “The older I get, the better I used to be.” [Lee is one of the greatest golfers of all time who played on the PGA tour in the 60’s and 70’s.]

Back
Top Bottom