Scuba Club Cozumel closing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure it was a malapropism since my use was intentional and fully know the difference between pandemonium and pandemic. One would refer to the viral disease we have all become overly familiar with and the other hints at the psychological ramifications and resulting responses.
I was pandering to my basic instincts. I think that does it for words beginning with PANDE Alex.

I wonder what the actual sales price would be for something like SCC all in as a business with the dive shop and boats and inventory in the hotel, restaurant, and dive op. I think I remember that Villa Blanca was for sale at 2.4 million USD (I don't know if it sold or what) but I don't think there is food/kitchen or a dive op there.

I think I remember that Villa Blanca was for sale at 2.4 million USD (I don't know if it sold or what) but I don't think there is food/kitchen or a dive op there.
I haven't stayed there in over ten years but the last few times I did, Arturo was still serving cook-to-order breakfast from the garden cafe.

I believe ’The Pub’ moved into Villa Blanco for a few months after they had to move from their original location so must have a kitchen.

I believe ’The Pub’ moved into Villa Blanco for a few months after they had to move from their original location so must have a kitchen.
We stayed In the Villablanca Hotel for a few days 5 or 6 years ago while we waited for our rooms at Blue Angel to become available. There was a restaurant in the garden run by a very nice family; I don't remember what it was called but they got moved out when The Pub moved in. They did a great job grilling steaks for us from a tuna that we had caught that day. We only could eat about a third of the fish so we gave the rest to the restaurant; it was on their menu the next day.

We are going to try Blue Angel in December, and then probably next year, we will do Vila Aldora. I hope we fall in love with one of these places like we did with SCC.
Same here.
I walked past Aldora Divers in town by accident on my last trip in June.
Maybe it was a sign from above LOL
RIP SCC++++

I wonder what the actual sales price would be for something like SCC all in as a business with the dive shop and boats and inventory in the hotel, restaurant, and dive op. I think I remember that Villa Blanca was for sale at 2.4 million USD (I don't know if it sold or what) but I don't think there is food/kitchen or a dive op there.
I messaged Tim on Facebook asking if SCC was up for sale, what the sale included, ie: resort, shop, boats, etc, what the asking price might be, and who to contact for more information. Still waiting for a reply.

Divegoose

We stayed In the Villablanca Hotel for a few days 5 or 6 years ago while we waited for our rooms at Blue Angel to become available. There was a restaurant in the garden run by a very nice family; I don't remember what it was called but they got moved out when The Pub moved in. They did a great job grilling steaks for us from a tuna that we had caught that day. We only could eat about a third of the fish so we gave the rest to the restaurant; it was on their menu the next day.
My buddy just told me that when he stayed there the first time because BA was full, in Feb of 23 the bar and restaurant were closed (which is why I thought they might not have a kitchen because he said there was no food there) but last Xmas he had family members staying there and and it was open again. I've never stayed so wasn't sure what was there. He said the AC units kind of sucked but other than that it was super solid value! They want 5 mil for the hotel and and 1.6 for the owner's mansion also on property.

The Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel

My buddy just told me that when he stayed there the first time because BA was full, in Feb of 23 the bar and restaurant were closed (which is why I thought they might not have a kitchen because he said there was no food there) but last Xmas he had family members staying there and and it was open again. I've never stayed so wasn't sure what was there. He said the AC units kind of sucked but other than that it was super solid value! They want 5 mil for the hotel and and 1.6 for the owner's mansion also on property.

The Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel
When we stayed there it was 2017 or so.

I will miss SCC, it matters not what caused the impending closing, only that many of us have fond memories and friends there and it a loss on many levels. :crying:
This photo was taken by me at SCC about 10 years ago and has been the home screen on my iPhone since then.
IMG_0947.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom