Scuba Club Cozumel closing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or stay wherever and dive with whoever. I enjoy a good AI, but Coz is one of the places I dive where it’s easy to go it on your own with friends. It’s actually part of the experience. All IMHO, YMMV :):bounce::bounce::bounce:

Or stay wherever and dive with whoever. I enjoy a good AI, but Coz is one of the places I dive where it’s easy to go it on your own with friends. It’s actually part of the experience. All IMHO, YMMV :):bounce::bounce::bounce:
FWIW, neither Blue Angel nor Villa Aldora are AIs.

I just heard that Scuba Club Cozumel is closing as of August 31 - not just for September but all dates beyond.

We are really bummed. We've been going to SCC every year for over thirty years. Our home away from home.

Very sad.
Staff have all be told it is closing forever. Dome are finding new work bug it is slow tourist season right now

I’m going to miss Nestor. Need to figure out a plan to help him. He gave me fantastic service for many years.

Staff told it is closing forever. Might be sold for redevelopment.
I do not believe that property will stand there shuttered forever. Either someone will buy and reopen it or some developer will tear it down and build something else. The location is too choice to not be used.

What a bummer 😕
I have lifelong friends working there.​
My first visit was in 1988 with the same staff thats working there today.​
Tomas wasn't going to retire for another 2 years.​
I promised to see him again May 2025. Francisco and Alberto too.​
Not happy 😒
Not sure where I will go next year now ?​
The scuba board recommendations will guide me now.​

As I said, divers still go to Barracuda and San Juan. I last dove those reefs 6 years or so ago, and yes, Barracuda was an E ticket dive. I don't dive very deep or very fast any more.

I have been to Cozumel 45 times or so since 1978 and I have about 750 dives there.

Been to Barracuda several times, most recently a few years ago and with SCC.

The closing of SCC is the end of an era regardless of what comes of the property, be it reopened under new owners or torn down. Very sad for all but I saw this coming post Covid there were no more dinners, other meals were not the same, just was not the same. Do not know if it was a victim of the pandemonium, time, or other factors or combinations of many things.

SCC had good boats and great guides, it will be missed by many and I wish the best for the employees and all.

I wish that the owner(s) had written a farewell letter or statement explaining things to all of their long-time and loyal customers. I never met him through the years but was under the impression that he ruled with an iron fist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom