Scuba Budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whenever I read a thread about a diving budget, or about how expensive it is, I just have to laugh.

My other "hobby" -- dressage (horses):

"Free horse" -- $2000
Board and Fees -- $11,400 year
Training -- $6000
Regular Vet fees -- $500/year
Current "extraordinary" vet fees -- $500/month for next 5 months
Show fees -- $600/show -- 5 shows in 2008

And that's just for my horse -- not TSandM's.

SCUBA is cheap!

I let my PSD dive team foot the bill for most of my stuff. It's a trade-off. They pay for my gear, air, and boat and I agree not to keep whatever I recover....

I plan and prepare an annual budget for the coming year each December, based upon a projection of my annual income for the coming year. Sample budget for 2008 is as follows:

Estimated Annual Disposable Income......................$100,000.00

Perhaps I need to find a less expensive hobby. That "Disposable Income" is 5 times my actual income... :(

Whenever I read a thread about a diving budget, or about how expensive it is, I just have to laugh.

My other "hobby" -- dressage (horses):

"Free horse" -- $2000
Board and Fees -- $11,400 year
Training -- $6000
Regular Vet fees -- $500/year
Current "extraordinary" vet fees -- $500/month for next 5 months
Show fees -- $600/show -- 5 shows in 2008

And that's just for my horse -- not TSandM's.

SCUBA is cheap!

LOL - this is why my horse is currently a pasture ornament! And I'm a vet and can keep him at home! It's all good though, he's old and has cancer and I'm sure is happy not to be ridden. Now that vintage Porsche that I bought on eBay. . .

2. Food ..............................................$750.00
3. Auto Repair & Expenses.......................$750.00
4. Insurance.........................................$750.00

How the H*** did you get your food down to $2.00 a day?

And where did you buy auto insurance for $750. How about home owner insurance, rental insurance, health insurance deductibles, etc??

What kind of car do you own that you can keep depreciation, gas, maintenance down to $750 a year?

I limit myself more than budget. I buy bottles of liquor and make drinks as opposed to going out to drink. I bought all my gear as opposed to renting. If i go out to eat... I usually eat very little... unless it's seafood at the beach... gotta love blackened scallops and crab claws.

I don't buy things twice.

How the H*** did you get your food down to $2.00 a day?

And where did you buy auto insurance for $750. How about home owner insurance, rental insurance, health insurance deductibles, etc??

What kind of car do you own that you can keep depreciation, gas, maintenance down to $750 a year?

It's easy ...we go down to St. Joseph's Diner and they sevre a hot meal daily at noon, so we pig out and don't need much the rest of the day.

Don't worry about homeowners, just rebuild if if burns or blows down, don't rent so don't need that, Hillary or Barrac will soon take care of the health insurance issue, and finally
I drive a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Roadster.....for a one time lump sum payment of $450,000.00 they take care of lifetime maintenance, gas, etc.
Have Fun with this post because I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I already chimmed in that I DON'T add up my expenses, I like this equation, too.

Whatever I earn ≠ enough money to pay for all the diving I wish I could do!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom