Advice for a newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You argue a valid point. Fortunately, my buddy has buckets of tire weights and a smelting pot. I'll be stopping by his place once they let me let me off of this boat. Hopefully, before class. I think I'll just buy a 5lbs mold and just smelt by weight. Or, just do like Edward3C said, and pour shot pellets. He has assorted egg sinker molds. I could just bag those up in various weights. The local tire shops are happy to have him haul their lead away.
Buy one of these:
IMG_1869.jpeg

Forget about shot weights, they hold water and form a lot of white lead oxide that leaches out and that is very toxic. Worst thing ever invented!
With hard weights they dry out fast and don’t do that.

Buy one of these:
View attachment 850934
Forget about shot weights, they hold water and form a lot of white lead oxide that leaches out and that is very toxic. Worst thing ever invented!
With hard weights they dry out fast and don’t do that.
I didn't think about the oxidation. I'll order one of these and just weigh out each pour for incremental sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom