Scooter with chest mounted rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys I scooter all the time with mine in both open water and the cave. This DPV ring was created which makes it even easier but even without the scooter ring it’s not too bad.

With the scooter ring it’s fantastic. The added benefit of the scooter ring is that it adds another attachment point for the CM to your crotch scooter ring which if you have an issue with the unit riding up it keeps the unit in place.

That DPV ring looks interesting! :) Scooting with the choptima is nice, the hardest part is clipping(and unclipping) the scooter to the crutch strap D-ring! :-/

If you swap the lower attachment straps out to bungees, you can lift the chop up a little bit and reach under the unit to clip your scooter on, YMMV.

That DPV ring looks interesting! :) Scooting with the choptima is nice, the hardest part is clipping(and unclipping) the scooter to the crutch strap D-ring! :-/
I got one of these, installed, then realized that with my body type I don’t really need it. Yet, I could easily see how someone built differently could benefit from it.

For me, more important on longer rides (>60min) is some kind of harness, to spread the load away from the ding-dong area. Otherwise, no bueno, and may also interfere with plumbing

Incidentally, I noticed that at least one major DPV manufacturer (SeaCraft) now sells a cross-bar, attaches to the crotch strap, same purpose as a harness. For diy types, shouldn’t be much of a challenge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom