Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But then you go on to say, "I'm in a group of almost daily divers on the GO."
Sorry. Hands got ahead of my head. In a Facebook Group. I have no hours of my own in the water.

Don't listen to my advice. I am just relaying what is publicly available information and counter-arguing specious comments. The question i comment on are ones that i had myself and got answers to from multiple sources.

There are quite a few publicly accessible divers (read: divers who bought their unit and are not part of the business) that will give you a good first hand opinion if you look for them. On Facebook look up; Yukon Sean Holland, Ken Joyce, Henry Castellanos, Jorge Burgeuno, CJ Jay. These guys are diving pretty much everyday on the go.

It seems that the Scuba board and Facebook Venn diagram have very little overlap. So i just cross the bounds.

Triton without a computer is 4695.00 euros. $5200.00 compared to 3500 no computer for GO.
More like 4535 Euro (Price for EXP w/o computer and cylinder 5487.35 Euro minus 21% VAT 952.35 Euro, since GO price does not include any taxes). So that is about 5006 USD.

Now for GO to compare, one also needs to add sensors @ 360 USD, for a total of 3860 USD. Also note that Triton even in the non-computer version comes with Monox PpO2 display and HUD (Shearwater?), both of which GO lacks. Shearwater HUD alone is priced at 500 USD usually. And getting GO to be able to accept more than 1 monitor, costs another 100 USD extra. So we are already at 3960 USD and still lacking any means to monitor PpO2...
Triton looks "diveable" out of the box, GO is not, without further investments. Hence that 3500 USD price is a bit of a ruse really and @Wibble hit a nail in the head with the "horse with three legs" description xD

Sure, there is a difference, but not that big given the overall cost of owning and using CCR. Even though it is marketed as "recreational" you will still need MOD1 like training with an associated cost. And you would then have a unit gimped to 40m max. There maybe an upgrade in the future, but guess that might be some more $$$ to spend.

More like 4535 Euro (Price for EXP w/o computer and cylinder 5487.35 Euro minus 21% VAT 952.35 Euro, since GO price does not include any taxes). So that is about 5006 USD.

Now for GO to compare, one also needs to adds sensors @ 360 USD, for a total of 3860 USD. Also note that Triton even in the non-computer version comes with Monox PpO2 display and HUD (Shearwater?), both of which GO lacks. Shearwater HUD alone is priced at 500 USD usually.
Triton looks "diveable" out of the box, GO is not, without further investments. Hence that 3500 USD price is a bit of a ruse really and @Wibble hit a nail in the head with the "horse with three legs" description xD

Sure, there is a difference, but not that big given the overall cost of owning and using CCR. Even thought its marketed as "recreational" you will still need MOD1 like training with an associated cost. And you would then have a unit gimped to 40m max. There maybe an upgrade in the future, but guess that might be some more $$$ to spend.
I have no idea how to interpret European pricing!! Haha!! The VAT always confused me. There is also a 200 Euro shipping cost as well as there will be a Tariff to pay on import most likely.

You're right on all accounts. Good data to take into account when making a decision.

(...) There is also a 200 Euro shipping cost as well as there will be a Tariff to pay on import most likely.
And if I order GO, surely it will cost few hundred USD to ship to Belgium, then 21% VAT and probably another 10% customs if not more. So I think we can leave shipping out of the comparison :wink:

And as for another US based option FX-CCR stripped bare, in eCCR flavor, with DSV comes to 5,595.00 USD and still has XCCR controller and HUD i.e. looks diveable out of the box.

Yeah but... its eCCR. For me and my diving that's a lot of complication that's unnecessary. Good Data Point for others though.
complications with eccr?
What would those complications be?

complications with eccr?
What would those complications be?
Oh you know, things like HUDs and solenoids really scare the KISS and KISS-adjacent crowd (*cough* DT GO *cough*).

Inb4 the KISS apologists come for me, I don't have any issues with mCCR and have toyed around with them. I just don't agree with some of the practices of certain mCCR instructors and not having certain safety equipment be standardized when it comes to ppo2 monitoring.

I wonder if the training materials for the GO will also be made by AI...

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 74
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom