Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the Triton is available, CE approved, has been around for a while and is well sorted.

I just don't get the bloodhound floppy ear lungs though.
The counterlungs are side by side on the same depth level as your lungs.

If the lungs were below you (Choptima or triton) the have to exhale against the hydrostatic pressure and with counter lungs are on the back you have to pull to inhale.

With the counter lungs neither below or above you bio lungs but on the same level it equalizes the effort on inhale and exhale making the work of breathing easier.

I thought this was being marketed to un-experienced recreational divers; why would they already have a compatible computer?
I do not think I’ve ever heard it marketed to inexperienced recreational divers.

It is marketed as configured and sized to support rebreather dives to recreational depth limits.

The training requirements prerequisites and skills are the same as for all other rebreathers.

Even on previously marketed eCCR’s the actual experience requirements aren’t high. For instance TDI requires 20 dives and nitrox to become CCR certified.

I thought this was being marketed to un-experienced recreational divers; why would they already have a compatible computer?
What is a recreational diver? I am decompression trained. Almost 500 dives total. But I do this recreationally. It isn’t my profession.

We all do this for recreation.

What is a recreational diver? I am decompression trained. Almost 500 dives total. But I do this recreationally. It isn’t my profession.

We all do this for recreation.

Don't be obtuse you know exactly what he means using a commonly used term like that.

Don't be obtuse you know exactly what he means using a commonly used term like that.
Sorry I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. 😏

But in all seriousness. There is no real difference in all levels of diving. All dives are deco dives. Most just have so little deco so people are taught to ignore it.

You start on gassing as soon as you are underwater.

And to the obtuse comment. I could ask the same. Just because someone is a recreational diver doesn’t mean they are a coral crashing bouyancy bouncing empty headed idiot.

Recreational diver isn’t a derogatory term unless you’re in the gate keeping tech bro circles.

Just because someone is a recreational diver doesn’t mean they are a coral crashing bouyancy bouncing empty headed idiot.
Nah, we’ll save that talk for the pair of individuals that paid for the distribution rights and their alcolytes

Nah, we’ll save that talk for the pair of individuals that paid for the distribution rights and their alcolytes

I dont care who is marketing it. I was happy that a solid chest mount mCCR made by the same guy who made the spirit and sidewinder is available.

And having the training, testing and final development done by some trustworthy titans in the sport, that don’t have YouTube channels.

I would consider a triton but not excited about having to have French support all the at across the pond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom