Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing that really burned my eyes was the flat "chestplate" and how the boltsnaps are screwed in to it.

Seems like a temporary solution you come up with on the boat when you forgot the original solution on land.

One thing that really burned my eyes was the flat "chestplate" and how the boltsnaps are screwed in to it.

Seems like a temporary solution you come up with on the boat when you forgot the original solution on land.
I agree. I do know it comes with webbing and clips, the bolt snaps are not the as delivered solution for BC attachment, thats just what people seem to be doing.

Seem's an optional steel plate that is cut and made a little more elegantly should be in the future.

Interesting that it was initially advertised with Oxygen Scientific hud/wrist mount using wireless solid state sensors, but is now all Shearwater.

1724863468929.png

Currently, some rebreather manufacturers are testing our products.
One of them has caused some confusion, by offering our sensors as well as computers.
For clarification: All our products will be distributed exclusively by Halcyon.

Halcyon seems to have basically pulled the rug out by getting the exclusivity deal. So I guess wireless monitoring or (that particular model) solid state sensors will be limited to their own rebreather. Time will tell if they will even sell those cells separately or whether the exclusivity deal also applies on European market.

View attachment 858451

Halcyon seems to have basically pulled the rug out by getting the exclusivity deal. So I guess wireless monitoring or (that particular model) solid state sensors will be limited to their own rebreather. Time will tell if they will even sell those cells separately or whether the exclusivity deal also applies on European market.

Fortunately this is old and not so accurate news. The wireless aspect was kinda neat but not being a shearwater was a dissuading factor anyway.

The sensors at least can be purchased from KISS. That's the important part.

(...)
The sensors at least can be purchased from KISS. That's the important part.
Can they? I see nothing on the KISS website, but if yes, then that is certainly good news - exclusivity deals are rarely beneficial for consumers or technological progress.

Can they? I see nothing on the KISS website, but if yes, then that is certainly good news - exclusivity deals are rarely beneficial for consumers or technological progress.
with the XDeep purchase of most of KISS they are working on a new website, so they havent updated anything. IF you email them you can buy them.

Facebook

1724932276467.png

with the XDeep purchase of most of KISS they are working on a new website, so they havent updated anything. IF you email them you can buy them.

Facebook

View attachment 858646
Hmm this could work indeed...as they are Europe based, and so is Oxygen Scientific, so maybe they can go around any Halcyon "exclusivity" deals. Fingers crossed.

I don't dive a rebreather today, but was intrigued by the Dive Talk Go due to the "low" cost and small size.

However, I went to the website to configure one and learned that the $3500 does not include the oxygen sensors or the oxygen monitor (Petrol 3). Once added, the cost reaches $5400 ($5604 with O2 tank)

1. Can a rebreather be used without oxygen monitoring? It seems vital, but I'm not a rebreather diver so wanted to confirm
2. With these included, the cost seems to be approaching (perhaps not all the way there) other chest mount rebreathers (OptimaCM, Triton, GBM, etc). It feels like cost becomes less of a factor when comparing these units?

I don't dive a rebreather today, but was intrigued by the Dive Talk Go due to the "low" cost and small size.

However, I went to the website to configure one and learned that the $3500 does not include the oxygen sensors or the oxygen monitor (Petrol 3). Once added, the cost reaches $5400 ($5604 with O2 tank)

1. Can a rebreather be used without oxygen monitoring? It seems vital, but I'm not a rebreather diver so wanted to confirm
2. With these included, the cost seems to be approaching (perhaps not all the way there) other chest mount rebreathers (OptimaCM, Triton, GBM, etc). It feels like cost becomes less of a factor when comparing these units?
You definitely need po2 monitoring.

The reason it is an option is that a lot of folks have these already and there is a lot of different solutions.

You absolutely need the Oxygen sensors to dive along with the controller/computer.

Many of the rebreather divers will have other machines and therefore may already have the expensive computers.

However, it's a bit of a con (IMHO) to try to argue that it's cheap because they've left off vital parts. Have this horse with three legs or this car without an engine and wheels. Alas, marketeers are lying SOBs who'll sell their own granny.

It would be far more honest to compare like with like: a DiveTalk-CCR against the equivalent Triton. Yes, they're far more similar as both are manual mCCRs than comparing it with a Chestmount Optima or the FX-CCR which are electronic eCCRs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom