Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Douglas Ward you seem to have a disingenuously positive bias towards this unit, Mr Young, Dive Talk, or all.

What is your relationship towards them? Disclosing that would lend itself towards credibility.

@Douglas Ward you seem to have a disingenuously positive bias towards this unit, Mr Young, Dive Talk, or all of the aforementioned.

What is your relationship towards them? Disclosing that would lend itself towards credibility.

No relationship at all with KISS, Mike, Dive Talk or any of them.

I bought a GO and really feel that it is great tool and has solid engineering behind it. I think the engineering strategy and philosophy behind it is good.

Seems unfair for such negative things to be said about gear from folks that haven’t dove or because their chosen gear is different.

No relationship at all with KISS, Mike, Dive Talk or any of them.

I bought a GO and really feel that it is great tool and has solid engineering behind it. I think the engineering strategy and philosophy behind it is good.

Seems unfair for such negative things to be said about gear from folks that haven’t dove or because their chosen gear is different.

Fair. I missed it that you had purchased one. Who was your instructor?

Fair. I missed it that you had purchased one. Who was your instructor?
My training is scheduled with Doug Ebersole. My damn work schedule hasn’t let up yet!! Haha. Damn work getting in the way of scuba.

I have talked extensively with folks who have dove them. I also personally know other KISS divers and understand how the GO was built. And really did a deep “dive” haha pun intended. Before I purchased.

The counterlungs are side by side on the same depth level as your lungs.

If the lungs were below you (Choptima or triton) the have to exhale against the hydrostatic pressure and with counter lungs are on the back you have to pull to inhale.

With the counter lungs neither below or above you bio lungs but on the same level it equalizes the effort on inhale and exhale making the work of breathing easier.
That may be the case, but they're around your side and exposed, certainly when compared with front-mounted lungs, over-the-shoulder lungs and back-mounted lungs.

If you turned sideways or went upside down, would the bloodhound ears lungs float upwards or out sideways? Could this affect their use? Could it snag or obscure the inlet?

I'm not sure that this WOB is such a big thing anyway provided the lungs are close to one's chest. My box has the lungs encased behind my back and it isn't an issue for me regardless of angle. One of the points made by the chestmount divers (Triton & ChOptima) or those with front-mounted lungs (Meg, Inspo, etc.) is that you've got a lot more strength in exhaling than inhaling and that inhaling can be somewhat power assisted. Obviously, diving a SF2 vertically would be awful as the lungs definitely push harder as they're at hip level.

Isn't it reasonable to be conservative or sceptical of new and novel solutions to issues other rebreathers have solved in a different way? If that solution is so good, why isn't it more common?

I'm very interested in a rebreather that's very small and lightweight which would work well for travelling. My shortlist isn't big and currently consists of the Triton as it's well known and has been in use for years by discerning divers in tough environments.

Isn't it reasonable to be conservative or sceptical of new and novel solutions to issues other rebreathers have solved in a different way? If that solution is so good, why isn't it more common?
Definitely reasonable!!! For sure.

I’m in a group of almost daily divers on the GO.

The lungs are attached at the inlet point and clipped further back.

That was obviously a question a lot of folks had as it is definitely the most novel engineering solution on the GO. But everyone says they have no issues with them moving or getting blocked regardless of whether they are doing barrel rolls or loop de loops!!

They aren’t more exposed from a damage perspective than any front mount counterlungs.

Definitely reasonable!!! For sure.

I’m in a group of almost daily divers on the GO.

The lungs are attached at the inlet point and clipped further back.

That was obviously a question a lot of folks had as it is definitely the most novel engineering solution on the GO. But everyone says they have no issues with them moving or getting blocked regardless of whether they are doing barrel rolls or loop de loops!!

They aren’t more exposed from a damage perspective than any front mount counterlungs.
What?!? First you said, and I quote "My training is scheduled with Doug Ebersole. My damn work schedule hasn’t let up yet!! Haha. Damn work getting in the way of scuba."

But then you go on to say, "I'm in a group of almost daily divers on the GO."

So....are you diving the unit without training, or is all your experience mostly second hand with no real hours in the water??? Just wondering how much credit I should put into your advice.

Back
Top Bottom