San Marcos Trash Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat:
Seems like the list turned into who isn't going to make it - I show that
- Parrothead, Z28pwr, Toecutter, Archman & Hemlon
have said they will be there. Anyone else? Alan & I plan to be there ..... maybe we can all pick a spot to meet up .....

Kathy

This would be great for me Kat. I will not know anyone there. I would like to camp for the weekend. If anyone can provide some advice on where do this I would be grateful. Also, do I need to bring a mesh bag or something? I am new to this.

I don't know about camping in San Marcos, but Landa RV campground in New Braunfels (16 miles further south on the highway) is freaking amazing. It borders the Comal River, which is the premier river diving site in Texas. You might get spoiled there and ditch San Marcos altogether.

Here's their website, with directions.
http://www.landarv.com/

They have nice riverfront campsites with a hot water showerhouse. Make sure you get there before they close late Friday afternoon.
Maybe some other swampers will be there too...

Reckon a couple of total newbies could hack it in the river? Me and my 14-year-old son haven't had a chance to dive since our open-water, but we were planning on giving the trashfest a shot.

Diver Kat:
Seems like the list turned into who isn't going to make it - I show that
- Parrothead, Z28pwr, Toecutter, Archman & Hemlon
have said they will be there. Anyone else? Alan & I plan to be there ..... maybe we can all pick a spot to meet up .....

Kathy

My husband and I will be there and I will try and make some kind of sign Texas Swampers or something like that. The parking lot is not that large so we should be able to find each other. We should be there around 8:00am. We will be in a red silverado pickup w/black headache rack tx dive sticker on window.

RDUKE yeah, come on along with us.
Ann

parrotheaddiver:
My husband and I will be there and I will try and make some kind of sign Texas Swampers or something like that. The parking lot is not that large so we should be able to find each other. We should be there around 8:00am. We will be in a red silverado pickup w/black headache rack tx dive sticker on window.

RDUKE yeah, come on along with us.
Ann

I should be there with my girlfriend.

I need to stop by the Dive Shop to pickup the tanks therefore I don't know at what time I'll be there by. I'll be driving either a Red Quad Cab ram with a Texas Dive sticker or a little White focus with a Dive Shark that is almost bigger then the car :D .

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

I will be there with a new Swamper FixxerV16, i would hate to think of how many Silverado pickups, with dive stickers no less, will be there. But i will keep an eye out for you parrothead. so you can add two more to the list. I would definatly like to meet up all the swampers and register as one big group.

I think we get "more stuff" if our group is bigger than anyone else's.

about 72 degrees year round, not sure of depth but i dont think more than 20 to 30 feet at the deepest.

I've only snorkeled this river, but there were patches where I had to stand up and walk to deeper water. Underneath the bridges it gets deeper. I'd say relative to the upper Comal, the upper San Marcos is shallower (less than 12 feet most of the time). The deepest part of the Comal I've logged is 22 feet... I don't recall anything that deep in the San Marcos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom