San Marcos Trash Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll go by the shop tomorrow. It is suppose to be raining so can't do anything outside anyway. I let everyone know.
Have a great weekend.

I went to The Dive Shop yesterday. Teresa told me that they will start registration between 8:00 and 9:00 am that saturday.
She also said that they will assign different parts of the river to different groups if there are any single divers they will be put with one of the groups.
There will be prizes for most trash etc. and a bar-b-que plate served after the cleanup. It looks like it will be a standard river cleanup.

Cool! Thanks for the info... I plan on coming and bringing 2 NEW swampers with me!!

tx.lakerats:
Cool! Thanks for the info... I plan on coming and bringing 2 NEW swampers with me!!

Maybe if there are enough Swampers there we can have our own group. The largest group coming is The Scubadillos from Dallas I guess they have been coming here for many years according to Teresa.

when it gets about a week out let's do another "role call" and get a number?!! that way we'll have some sort of idea

z28pwr:
Can somebody give directions to where we will meet and at what time.

Thanks.

Here are the directions from SA
From San Antonio

Take IH-35N to San Marcos
Turn Left at first stop light on service road (Aquarena Springs Dr.)
Follow down to 4thtraffic light (first traffic light after football stadium)
Turn left at traffic lights (Bobcat Dr.)
Make first right just before railroad tracks (City Park St.)
Follow street all the way till it dead ends into the practice football fields and follow around to the right into the parking lot (City Park)

ARCHMAN attached the website on the first page of this thread. If you click on city park that gives directions from Aus and San Antonio.
Someone suggested we wait until about a week out to repost this hopefully a lot of Swampers will come. Stay tuned. Peace, out. :peace2:

parrotheaddiver:
Here are the directions from SA
From San Antonio

Take IH-35N to San Marcos
Turn Left at first stop light on service road (Aquarena Springs Dr.)
Follow down to 4thtraffic light (first traffic light after football stadium)
Turn left at traffic lights (Bobcat Dr.)
Make first right just before railroad tracks (City Park St.)
Follow street all the way till it dead ends into the practice football fields and follow around to the right into the parking lot (City Park)

ARCHMAN attached the website on the first page of this thread. If you click on city park that gives directions from Aus and San Antonio.
Someone suggested we wait until about a week out to repost this hopefully a lot of Swampers will come. Stay tuned. Peace, out. :peace2:

Thanks, can't wait just a few more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom