San Marcos River Clean-Up April 12, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zero vis work that needs a permit from Fish.

I am an A4 at Aquarena too. What are the chances we could organize a permit to clean up from Sewell down to the first bridge before summer? Count me in, if we can get enough divers lined up.

Shawn O.

Here is another good resource I found on TX aquatic vegetation: Submerged Plant Index

If you look through it, you will see a number of native species that resemble the invasive hydrilla. I'm no expert either. But I do know that when I challenged the hydrilla in Stillhouse Hollow lake, it was much coarser and sharper than the similar looking plants in the San Marcos.

Could a moderator make this thread a Sticky please.

Maybe they could take down the Texas Dive show sticky and replace it with this one???

Jay - Do you have a SMART flag we could all rally under?

I'll Have the dive Truck out there.

Attachments

• SMART1.JPG
    SMART1.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 44
  • SMART3.JPG
    SMART3.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 38
I am an A4 at Aquarena too. What are the chances we could organize a permit to clean up from Sewell down to the first bridge before summer? Count me in, if we can get enough divers lined up.

Shawn O.

I'm not an A4 at Aqaurena (yet) but am willing to help out with the hydrilla pull in the river.

The river was so beautiful 20 years ago...gravel/rock bottom and no weeds....it is horrible to navigate now.....some spots it is still pretty clear.....hope to make it out there again this year....

Jay thanks for posting this.....I will see if I can get a mod to make it a sticky:D

Although I'm not Jay.....you're welcome. :D

Back
Top Bottom