San Marcos Trash Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There will be the annual San Marcos River Trashfest on April 10,2004. The
Trashfest is to clean the San Marcos River from Joe's Crab Shack to the
IH-35 bridge. A Bar-B-Q dinner is free for those who participate. There
are also door prizes given. The event starts at 9:00 am at the Rec. Bldg.

Have a great day,
Tony Glass
City of Austin
Watershed Protection Dept.
Phone # (512) 974-1521
Cell # (512) 799-2160
Digital Pager # (512) 802-7417
Fax # (512) 974-1530

Thought I would post this for those who may be interested.

We'll be coming home from Roatan that day....bummer!

I love underwater cleanups. Recreational dives make me feel... guilty.

With luck I'll drag some aggie divers along with me. We're only two hours away, and the SWT students outnumber the Longhorns.

Parrothead,
Would this be a good dive for a new diver (under 10 dives) to attend? I would like to, but I'm not sure- what is the San Marcos river like? Is it similar to the Comal? That's where I did my checkouts. It sounds like a fun way to dive, my husband and I might try to be there. Thanks,
Foo

From what I've heard, the San Marcos and Comal are very similar, since they come from the same water source.

Foo:
Parrothead,
Would this be a good dive for a new diver (under 10 dives) to attend? I would like to, but I'm not sure- what is the San Marcos river like? Is it similar to the Comal? That's where I did my checkouts. It sounds like a fun way to dive, my husband and I might try to be there. Thanks,
Foo

It is similar to the Comal a little smaller. In the summer a lot of familes take their small kids toobing there. At Rio Vista park there is a dam and it is fun to go over the dam in your wetsuit or a toob. It has a cut through and the water funnels through it. It it safe for one and all unless your a duck or a turtle. :turtle:

Coming from out of town... is there a place we need to sign up at?? Any maps (how to get there)?? And what time is the dinner going to start??

Oh... What would the water temp be around that time??

Thanks in advance

Hi,
At the beginning of this thread there are some phone numbers that we can call to find out that info. I haven't called yet... has anyone? Thanks!
Foo

Back
Top Bottom