San Marcos Trash Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats:
Coming from out of town... is there a place we need to sign up at?? Any maps (how to get there)?? And what time is the dinner going to start??

Oh... What would the water temp be around that time??

Thanks in advance

I have not been to The Dive Shop yet to get the details. I will try and go this weekend or next. The water in the springs which feeds the river is usually around 72 degrees all year.
The website archman has given has much of the info.

Okay...is this a rumor, or fact? I was told by a personal friend that the water in the San Mafcos river is going to be COLD, not 72 degrees... anyone know for sure? Thanks!
Foo

that's what I've heard too... so that's why I asked!!

I don't see how the water can be much colder than 72 degrees, as the river is still fed via Spring Lake, which is always around 72. The distance from the spillway to the first park is inconsequential... not much time to cool (assuming the air temp was radically different, which it isn't anymore). Only some serious rainfall drainage should cool it, and that water would get get rapidly flushed.

Better check with the dive shop anyways. Ha ha! It's even called "The Dive Shop."

72º can feel like 42º when it's cold and/or windy. Maybe that's what they meant by cold.

Dee:
72º can feel like 42º when it's cold and/or windy. Maybe that's what they meant by cold.

Or when it is really hot outside.

Year around the water is 72 I promise. A fact. I was at the clean up last year and have made dives both winter and summer.

I am really hoping to go- a lot will depend on if my daughter needs me or not to help her with her new baby. If she's doing okay, we are planning on going. Will probably be closer to that date before I can give a definate. Hope to be there though! We actually are considering making a Comal trip next weekend, 3/19-3/21. Anyone interested in being there then?
Foo

Back
Top Bottom