San Marcos Trash Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
Are any non-divers going? My honey is coming with me and hasn't taken the OW class. (scheduled for May!)

There should be non divers and divers walking the banks of the river. don't forget to BRING GLOVES. You can also snorkel as well.

RDuke:
Any of y'all see a coupla clueless dudes wandering around, that'll probably be us. :wink:

Dang! I wanted to be the clueless dude!

We are going to be at Aqu. Springs that morning at 9 is there a sign up for later that morning?

NDH:
We are going to be at Aqu. Springs that morning at 9 is there a sign up for later that morning?

I'm not sure I just know they will start signing up people between 8:00am & 9:00. I'm sure if you come on over they will not turn you away. River cleanups always want as much help as they can get.

A queston for anyone who has done the Trashurehunt in the past---

The Dive Shop web site shows the event begins at 8:30 and lasts until 5:00. I assume the clean-up part will take an hour or so. What goes on from 11:00 to 5:00?

Thanks,
Alan

alanconstant:
A queston for anyone who has done the Trashurehunt in the past---

The Dive Shop web site shows the event begins at 8:30 and lasts until 5:00. I assume the clean-up part will take an hour or so. What goes on from 11:00 to 5:00?

Thanks,
Alan

I stopped by the dive shop today. They said that they will start registering people about 9:00am I don't know how long it will take but I bet once they get everyone divided into groups and assigned a portion of the river it will be around 10:00am or so. Don Dibble owner of the shop will begin around 3:00pm speaking and giving out the door prizes etc. After that the dinner will be served. I would think that some portions of the river will take longer than the other parts to clean up.
Some people do not hang around for the dinner they do the clean up and leave. Other than going to eat lunch and diving some more or sitting around and talking that is about it.

Weather guys say that the cold front should be in Austin around 4:00pm sat. Hopefully it will hold off until we are done.
Ann

Bummer .... something came up this morning and we're not going to make it .... will have to meet everyone at another time!!

Had a good time in San Marcos today, the weather held back long enough for us to do some Trash Hunting and was able to meet some swampers. The diving wasn't that great with all the weed but I still had a good time.

Thanks to everyone that was out there, specially to ParrotHead's husband who went out of his way to help me get some air.

I got there real late and missed all the cleanup fun. Just snorkeled and wandered around aimlessly... probably walked right past some of you guys, dang. Didn't see any giant red pickups, just a maroon one and various other colours.
I did see some kind of tilapia and a blue colored carp thing. Made me feel a little better. What I really want is a live ram's horn snail for my teaching aquarium. Stupid shells are always dead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom