Royal Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So there's a new dive shop opening up here in Austin, and I'm trying to find it. Here are my questions pertaining to it:

1. When will it open? Online it says April 2007 opening date.

2. Why did they want to open there? They will be opening at 7801 N. Lamar, and are crapping in the back yards of SCUBALand, Toms, Clearwater, Austin Aquasports, and I'm sure I'm missing one.

3. Who's running the show? N. Martinez is all I have so far.

I am curious, because I want to go talk to him and see about getting him on our website. I would be curious to see what brands he plans on carrying and what group he's aiming to satisfy (OW, tech, Blue Water pansies). All this just really intrigues me because he is opening almost right across the street from SCUBALand, and I personally can't think of a brand that isn't covered by the above named shops.

Kevin

Kevin, where did you get your information about the new dive store?

I heard about this today and I'm surprised they want to open so close to Scubaland. I spoke to some of my reps about possible lines for them, but all said they had not made any commitments. I also feel fairly certain that the reps doing business with Scubaland will not piss off one customer to gain another.

I just checked out their website. For opening in April 2007, there is not much there. Has anyone seen the shop?

...another British Invasion!! You guys might try e-mailing the owner...I saw his address at the bottom of the web page-- :eyebrow:

Are you sure that's a good link to the website? When I click on it, I get the Not Found prompt.

Oh, wait....I see what's happening. It's reading your close parentheses as part of the URL. It opened if you take that out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom