Royal Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always found the number of dive shops in Austin to be strange. It seams that everyone wants to start their own dive shop and be a dive bumb but they don't bother to consider just how oversaturated the market already is.

~Jess

Well, I can see how you can have several. There are a lot of dive brands out there, and one dive shop could not afford to sell all of the lines that are available. This is why Toms and Clearwater and AAS are so close together, because for the most part, they are selling different lines of gear and catering to different types of divers. But for the life of me, I can't think of a single line of DECENT non-walmart brand gear that isn't covered by the above listed three or SCUBALand...

Have you tried emailing the address listed on the website? Might be easier to get the answers from the horses mouth.

amascuba:
Have you tried emailing the address listed on the website? Might be easier to get the answers from the horses mouth.

My exact thoughts in post #7.

Come on, I find information from 5th and 6th hand sources a lot more interesting. JUST KIDDING! I actually tried to find the shop and check it out, but there was no signing or dive flags flying anywhere. The complex is also rediculously large with 6+ office buildings, so its kind of difficult to find anything around there.

PvilleStang:
But for the life of me, I can't think of a single line of DECENT non-walmart brand gear that isn't covered by the above listed three or SCUBALand...
No one is stocking Oxycheq, Agir-Brokk or Deep Sea Supply, but I doubt it will be that kind of shop. I havn't really seen anyone stocking much Halcyon lately either. Oxycheq now has a line of regs, as well as lights and other goodness to go along with their wings, BCs and oxygen analyzers.

Really the only way that I can see this new diveshop making sense is if they have a large internet/mailorder presence.

~Jess

I found the store front today. They are at 7801 North Lamar, A130. The store front faces Hwy 183 South. No one was there at the time. When I turned around to leave I could see the Scubaland North dive flag flying in the distance when I was driving past the front of Royal Scuba. I drove by Scubaland and even with driving through the parking lot to get back to Lamar the distance was .4 mile. I think line of sight would be more like .3-.35 mile distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom