"Right to Repair" - Potentially great news for DIY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unfortunately, to make coffee, you cant brew it at 140 degrees......try not being a moron and pouring hot coffee all over your self and you also wont get burned.

again, you cant have your cake and eat it to.....

That was an elderly woman who was seriously injured by a 190 degree cup of coffee. McDonalds had prior knowledge their coffee was dangerously hot, had scalded people, and did nothing. Why not at least bother to read the facts of the case before passing judgement?

unfortunately, to make coffee, you cant brew it at 140 degrees......try not being a moron and pouring hot coffee all over your self and you also wont get burned.

again, you cant have your cake and eat it to.....
You do understand that there's a difference between brewing temp and serving temp.

Those are not the same.thing.

That was an elderly woman who was seriously injured by a 190 degree cup of coffee. McDonalds had prior knowledge their coffee was dangerously hot, had scalded people, and did nothing. Why not at least bother to read the facts of the case before passing judgement?
bold of you to assume i didnt read up on the case.

1) her age is irrelevant.....But nice try with the pity ploy

2) coffee is brewed at 190 degrees.....according to NCAUSA, and 190 degrees is inline with what just about every other restaurant serves their coffee at.

3) McDonalds sells millions of cups of coffee a day....so they are recieving reports of "too hot coffee" from literally less than 0.05% of their customers in a given year......along with how many other bogus claims?

4) the "victim" spilled the coffee on herself.....it was not spilled by an employee.....herself.

5) you can get 3rd degree burns in 1 second from coffee at 156 degrees.....so even the coldest coffee on the market would still have caused her burns.....this is nothing unique to Mcdonalds.

but as i said before....people like her....who refuse to take responsibility for HER OWN ACTIONS are the reason you cant get a sercive kit from Scubapro....

but nice try.

You do understand that there's a difference between brewing temp and serving temp.

Those are not the same.thing.

you Mcdonalds needs to wait for coffee to cool, to 140 degrees before they put it in a cup for you, just incase you spill it on yourself?

and you wonder why Scubapro wont sell you a service kit?

something something cake and eat it too.

bold of you to assume i didnt read up on the case.

1) her age is irrelevant.....But nice try with the pity ploy

2) coffee is brewed at 190 degrees.....according to NCAUSA, and 190 degrees is inline with what just about every other restaurant serves their coffee at.

3) McDonalds sells millions of cups of coffee a day....so they are recieving reports of "too hot coffee" from literally less than 0.05% of their customers in a given year......along with how many other bogus claims?

4) the "victim" spilled the coffee on herself.....it was not spilled by an employee.....herself.

5) you can get 3rd degree burns in 1 second from coffee at 156 degrees.....so even the coldest coffee on the market would still have caused her burns.....this is nothing unique to Mcdonalds.

but as i said before....people like her....who refuse to take responsibility for HER OWN ACTIONS are the reason you cant get a sercive kit from Scubapro....

but nice try.

You’re right, I should have assumed you were just being contrarian. Cute of you to put victim in quotes, though.

You’re right, I should have assumed you were just being contrarian. Cute of you to put victim in quotes, though.
i go into a restaurant and stab myself with a steak knife....am i a "victim"....or just a moron?

....afterall, the restaurant never told me knives were sharp.....

Seems more liability here than selling a MK 17 diaphragm
Rotors. 2010 Toyota Prius | Roseville Toyota, Roseville CA

Roosevet Toyota is not Toyota Corporate...they are affiliated, but still regarded as a 3rd party legally speaking

and even they still sneak in this bit of small print to CYA:

The Toyota Genuine Accessory Warranty will only apply when the installation is performed by a trained Toyota-approved installer. Please see your participating Toyota dealer for details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom