"Riding your Computer Up" vs. "Lite Deco"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Tell the agencies to put their big boy/girl pants on and pick one. Any one. Now we begin on the same page.

That would be what they call a "highly controversial move" and you'd have to dangle a very large and juicy carrot for them to even consider something like that.

That would be what they their lawyers call a "highly controversial move" and you'd have to dangle a very large and juicy carrot for them to even consider something like that.
How about this: Go ultra conservative, IMHO, the agencies have more exposure now as they implicitly condone any commercial DC.

I suppose subrogation beats responsibility...

How about this: Go ultra conservative, IMHO, the agencies have more exposure now as they implicitly condone any commercial DC.

I suppose subrogation beats responsibility...

I don't think the agencies have any liability by not endorsing any specific dive computer. In fact, it may limit their liability. All branded dive computers run their own chosen algorithm and are responsible, to some degree, for that choice. Divers are responsible for their computer choice and their adherence to its principles. Most agencies have no specific computer algorithm closely tied to their tables, PADI is an exception. The DSAT computer algorithm very closely matches the PADI RDP. The computer algorithm was licensed (or some other agreement) to Pelagic Pressure Systems. It is not to PADI's advantage to promote computers made by Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood, Genesis...

I don't think the agencies have any liability by not endorsing any specific dive computer. In fact, it may limit their liability. ...//...
Don't know, I'm not a lawyer. Won't even guess.

But the question is within the broad scope of the OP, so if anyone wants to loop off in that direction it may prove interesting.

This has turned into a more interesting and informative thread than most, waiting to see where it goes next.

Bob

What about the solo, light deco, non redundancy group?
yes solo lite deco no problem -does sidemount count for redundancy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom