rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paper checklists

I use some paper checklists for the Build and Close checks. These are in double-sided A5/half letter format. I write on these with a pencil and keep them after the build. There's boxes to note down pressures, voltages, plus check boxes.

I like these as if there's a "distraction" during the build -- e.g. change a cell, O-ring change, whatever -- then I don't loose my place. They also have notes on them such as cell readings, cell changes, kit config, weighting, etc. which may be good to refer back to.

They're in PDF format so I can print them and guillotine them in half so they're two-sided. Print TWO per page double-sided.

Specifically for the Revo "R19 - Petrel + Nerd with RMS" version. Based upon the Revo version.

Screenshots attached for convenience (don't use these - the PDF is better)

View attachment 758161
View attachment 758162
Version 3 attached
what do you think about check the 9 V battery before installing the tanks? if you need to change the battery its much easier with no tanks in place.

I've made a few modifications to my rEvo micro. First off got rid of the Dreams and put a Nerd 2 on with a rifle scope hinged cover that can easily be closed to keep the sunlight off the sensitive display of the Nerd. I made a bracket that kicks the nerd over more to my left to free up my forward vision. The Nerd monitors 2 of my cells and my 2 transmitters A KT stand which I drilled with a carbide hole saw in a few places to shed some weight, since most of my diving is tropical, and also put divinyl floatation foam in the lower cavity of the stand to get it close to neutral. Also ADV shutoff and double strap tank mounts (thank you Brett) Overall I'm very happy with the changes I've made. Also a Nomad wing for a little more lift with bigger bailout bottles.
Im interested in the divinyl flotation foam. Did you have to experiment much with the amount of Foam that you used?

what do you think about check the 9 V battery before installing the tanks? if you need to change the battery its much easier with no tanks in place.

That’s what I do. I check my milivolts and my solenoid prior to closing the unit and placing tanks for just that reason. It can be changed after but it’s a pain.

Im interested in the divinyl flotation foam. Did you have to experiment much with the amount of Foam that you used?
After I drilled to lighten the stand as much as possible, I filled the void between the bottom of the revo and the bottom of the stand. It didn't quite get it neutral but it close now.

After I drilled to lighten the stand as much as possible, I filled the void between the bottom of the revo and the bottom of the stand. It didn't quite get it neutral but it close now.
I switched to an aluminium stand (https://ccrstand.com) which is both lightweight (725g / 1.6 pound) and simple to add/remove (wing nuts a-la normal backplate). The large D-rings are very useful for clipping spools, reels and SMB on to the Revo.

1727902249660.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom