Restructuring Florida, The Vote...

Do you agree with the proposed forum structure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolTech:
OMG! All of you are saying you are opposed to subforums because you have to click on them to view them.... And, that is what makes them exclusive? AND, that you are too lazy to do that? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

LAZY? No sonny...I have something called a LIFE...do you? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Where did I say that it made them "exclusive"? I can't find any posts by me that say that.

DebbyDiver:
LAZY? No sonny...I have something called a LIFE...do you? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Where did I say that it made them "exclusive"? I can't find any posts by me that say that.
Never said you did. Mine... a general statement encompassing a number of posts... not just yours :D

dldiver:
geesh! can we have the new format and move on already???? :D
The poll closes tomorrow afternoon.

Bottom line: I suspect that many, perhaps most, of the folks here are really busy people who are multi-tasking while cruising ScubaBoard forums. I am involved in many online communities reflecting my varied interests, and most of you probably are as well. In between that, I am working (gotta pay for those airfills!) and hanging out with my partner and doing other activities and taking care of home and family.

So...my personal opinion is that having everything together simply streamlines it for this varied group of really busy people. :14:

CoolTech:
OMG! All of you are saying you are opposed to subforums because you have to click on them to view them.... And, that is what makes them exclusive? AND, that you are too lazy to do that? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
^That's not gonna help... :popcorn:

You know it's not just that, there are numerous and significant design, ergonomic, philospofical, religious, and SAFETY reasons/principals... perhaps the future of the entire dive industry

DIR, have one single forum! :mooner: (surprised that joke hasn't been used yet)

Actually I think michaelb51 nailed it... Clickers vs Scrollers

"All of you" are too lazy to scroll or click on page 2, "All of us" are too busy to visit your special club :D

wish I were narced

OK , for all you CHILDREN that can't remember diving BEFORE the Internet...
We had to go out and MEET other divers in the er ... (real) world...
(sigh)

One Forum , One Conch !

And for those with lazy fingers , try typing after a nice pull-and-PULL session in Devils...!!! :11:

This post was just in case all of you Gen-(whatever it is now) people forgot what we BOOMERS had to go thru... :rofl3:
(adjusts her rabbit-ears and MANUALLY changes the TV channel)

Jeano Beano

Oceanus:
Trying to simplify the "single forum" POV...

Subfourms too often "hide" posts of general interest

I'm not opposed to folks wanting to meet/plan/socialize/etc... I'm opposed to having to fuss with several small/slow subforums to find threads of general interest. I am very capable of searching, using RSS, and the other tools, but it easier to just have everything in one forum... and it facilitates greater interaction whereas subforums create barriers.

What I don't understand is why some people/groups/clubs feel incomplete without a dedicated forum. Please, just try posting the same thread in the main forum. Threads don't get deleted when they leave the first page...

I think the "Orlando Area Meet N Greet" thread is a perfect example. Had this been posted in the desired/proposed Orlando subforum I likely wouldn't know about it even though it's only a couple of miles away.

Brilliant summarization of my own POV as a Conch. No, no one MEANT to exclude anyone else but that was the end result. We tried it. IMHO it didn't work. Frankly, I don't care who organizes the dive or where it is- I just want to know about it so that I can plan to go or, if I happen to wake up extra early, hop in my car & go dive with my fellow Conchs. Same thing with a HH- I travel across state frequently to visit my daughter. If there is a HH on a Thursday or Friday night when I am traveling straight through Orlando to reach Spring Hill (north of Tampa), I will make every effort to stop by... especially if I have the promise of a couch. :D If something is in a subforum, I will most likely miss it- & miss out on meeting some really cool people!

Jean: This old lady senior citizen isn't LAZY, she is BUSY. As a matter of fact, anyone who knows me IRL would laugh their *****es off at anyone who would call me lazy.

I am soooooo old that I remember when my father bought the first color TV in our neighborhood. One of the younger conchs was telling me, after a beach dive, about how he wished his dad would dive again.

"My father was one of those old timey divers", he said, "he dove waaaaay back when with that old type of gear".

"Oh, really? And how old is he then, he must be in his sixties?"

"No, my dad is 48."

ehhhhh, whatever...now where did I put my submersible walker? :rofl3:

P.S. What Marvel said.

DebbyDiver:
Jean: This old lady senior citizen isn't LAZY, she is BUSY. As a matter of fact, anyone who knows me IRL would laugh their *****es off at anyone who would call me lazy.

I am soooooo old that I remember when my father bought the first color TV in our neighborhood. One of the younger conchs was telling me, after a beach dive, about how he wished his dad would dive again.

"My father was one of those old timey divers", he said, "he dove waaaaay back when with that old type of gear".

"Oh, really? And how old is he then, he must be in his sixties?"

"No, my dad is 48."

ehhhhh, whatever...now where did I put my submersible walker? :rofl3:

P.S. What Marvel said.

Now THAT'S FUNNY !!!! :rofl3:
I still get a kick diving with these "young kids".
"Say , do you remember horse-collar BC's?" :D
The look I get :peepwalla

Da Bean

P.S. Yes , what Marvel said.

jeandiver:
Now THAT'S FUNNY !!!! :rofl3:
I still get a kick diving with these "young kids".
"Say , do you remember horse-collar BC's?" :D
The look I get :peepwalla

Da Bean

P.S. Yes , what Marvel said.

Horse collar you say. That was my first bc, inflated orally, or off a CO2 cartridge. Had a hard backplate on a 72 tank. One of those J valves that I yanked when I ran out of air. No octopus or pressure gauge, think I had a depth gauge. Hard lead weights, rubber wetsuit, porky pig purge mask and fins that could kill you.

And btw, yes, to what Marvel has expressed.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom