Reef Sweep and Beach Cleanup June 12 '04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
I hope you are getting the Ginzu models that cut pennies in half. :D

Marc

Heck I would show up just for those. :eyebrow:

Paul

So it´s 9am saturday @ deerfield beach?
I´m not sure I´ll be able to make it as I´m doing a course that day but maybe I´ll be able to work something out...

Just one question...which city is deerfield in? not being a local and all I just have no idea...

Cbulla, do you think I´d be able to join you for that scout dive? My plans are flexible to say the least as I´m travelling alone...just thougt it´d be fun to put some faces to the names I see here on SB...

Deerfield is about 20 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale.

hmmmmm...this is getting more and more tempting. Might have to check the calendar and make sure I am free that weekend.

Paul

FFL and others who are curious - you can bet your sweet bippy they're penny cutters! They cut steel leads and coax like a spoon through peanutbutter! I'll ordered 60 pair of shears to meet the order minimum. I figure that'll cover a few people ;D

Wildbill - I'm working on the logistics with my wife, but I think it would be beneficial to do a scout dive the afternoon before (not to close to crazzy fisherman) and the work dive the next day.

Incidentally, the latest news on the peirs is as follows:

At this time Pompano pier will be completely closed, and Deerfield pier will be closed on 1/2, with fisherman on the down-current side of the pier. They are trying to get the entire pier closed.

To me that says your up for a Darwin award if you go to Deerfield, and Pompano would provide us with some entertainment and LOTS of divers! :D

Oh.. I should mention - I ordered in equal quantities all neon handled shears (having learned a lesson diving in Boca Grande Pass about the visibility of the tools being IMPORTANT) in the following colors: pink, orange, green, and yellow.

CBulla:
Oh.. I should mention - I ordered in equal quantities all neon handled shears (having learned a lesson diving in Boca Grande Pass about the visibility of the tools being IMPORTANT) in the following colors: pink, orange, green, and yellow.

How much did you say your shears cost? Just in case a need a pair?! Thanks

CBulla:
To me that says your up for a Darwin award if you go to Deerfield, and Pompano would provide us with some entertainment and LOTS of divers! :D
I agree... I just spoke to Rose from Ocean Watch, she informs me that the Kayuba dive club will be at the Pompano Pier, and that the Florida Conch Divers are welcome at either pier. I just feel more comfortable diving a pier that is totally closed as opposed to one that is half closed. The gamble we take diving Deerfield Beach is how many people will be fishing at 9:00 a.m., which can be a lot, or a little. Don't think I want to take that gamble. Because I don't think the Kayubas will get in our way much, I'm sticking with Pompano...Who else is????

murphdivers286:
How much did you say your shears cost? Just in case a need a pair?! Thanks
$5 ea :) I'll have them in early next week!

I agree... I just spoke to Rose from Ocean Watch, she informs me that the Kayuba dive club will be at the Pompano Pier, and that the Florida Conch Divers are welcome at either pier. I just feel more comfortable diving a pier that is totally closed as opposed to one that is half closed. The gamble we take diving Deerfield Beach is how many people will be fishing at 9:00 a.m., which can be a lot, or a little. Don't think I want to take that gamble. Because I don't think the Kayubas will get in our way much, I'm sticking with Pompano...Who else is????

I'm with you! I'm going to Pompano, staying at the Holiday Inn thats 2/10ths of a mile from the pier. Two nights for 82.07 + tax stuff.. :)

hmmmm, roughly $100 for 2 nights isn't too bad. thinking I might have to make the trip down to help out.

paul

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom