Rebreather, i said hubby can have one and now i worry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney_Diver:
"hubbys diving is 30/90ft or shallower"

Hmm I wonder how long that is going to last after he gets the new toy :wink:

Cheers
Chriso

EXACTLY!!!!! :kicknut: last thing is want is him to join sydney project!!!

hehehe - i got to run the sydney project stand for a bit today :D everyone left for seminars.... i tried to sell Hadwins big screen

almitywife:
information overload!

today i attended OzTek and got to look at alot of rebreathers

i really like the KISS classic!!

hubbys diving is 30/90ft or shallower and he likes to take pics of pretty fishies.....so i can see why the MEG might be overkill (poor choice of words) for his diving

tomorrow will be trydive the MEG and the KISS sports...... hubby actually lost sleep last night over this

cheers - will bore you tomorrow how it goes!

Conventions are not often the greatest places to try and sort out RB's. Too much noise, too much info and socializing. Sadly, they are a popular venue for trying out these beasts. If possible, (as an RB instructor) I would try to evaluate the resistance of breathing in various positions (not heads- down with the KISS Classic) + see ease and reliability of the ECCR monitor to hold your PO2 steady. Also, I'd feel around the unit to see how easy it was (in various positions) to reach valves, add valves etc. Overall fit, and ease of getting in and out of the unit may come later as there are so many bits to adjust. Adjusting fit + bits takes time during training.

During our last RB try-out...no one touched the Classic! Geez.

Best with your tryouts. X

heheheeh - guess what ive got in the back of my station wagon right now :D

someones MEG :rofl2:

and considering the owner doenst know where we live i just might keep it :D

hubby was very happy with the MEG... it is so well built and Ron (CCRDolphinDiver) explained everything so well and that im guessing he's a pretty great instructor.

will do pics later as we going out soon to watch Ron do a talk on his MEG for South Pacific Divers club

hubby didnt get to try the KISS today so we will arrange another go in about 2 weeks.... so decision being put off till then

plus for meg: well, its a MEG!!!! what else needs to be said!!!
negs for meg: is it overkill for hubbys diving???

will do pics later.... got some scary ones of Ron in a shortie

cheers

had time to do some pics

when i think back to hubbys 1st trydive on the inspo it was a matter of throw it on his back and throw him in the water....... ive found that the prism, diverite and MEG dealers were much more gracious with their time and knowledge

Ron showing the workings
Meg1.jpg

and he watered the tanks so much that they grew to 5ltrs! (should i be concerned he then starting sucking from the wrong hose)
Meg2.jpg

anyone comes to sydney... check out Peter and Zoe at Plunge diving.... wonderful people that run a great operations.... and ask Peter for his 'blue steel' look
Meg4.jpg

about to head out
Meg5.jpg

big smiles!!!
Meg6.jpg

the MEG is a really beautiful piece of equipment!!!

Ahh yes
I think thats the biggest "After TryDive" smile I have seen Theo to date.

Is the Meg Overkill? well if it is then so is the Inspo, Evo, Optima and PRISM. They are all eCCR's. Just some are built tougher then others ; )

Cheers
Chriso

almitywife:
had time to do some pics

the MEG is a really beautiful piece of equipment!!!

Your hubby looks very happy and it appears that Ron made sure to dress your hubby up correctly!

BTW - nice locale and weather!

X

Forget the Rebreather my Dear . . .tell the Hubby to stop being selfish and spend the money on His & Her's X-Scooters instead. . .

enjoyed those pictures!!!!

:D we already have scooters :wink:. true - they arent x-scooters but they get us around

Be sure to post a pic when he gets Magnum down....
:huh: i thought we talked funny down here... what does this mean as a Magnum for me is a very yummy icecream

any truth to the rumor that owning a MEG makes you a better piano player??

Piano.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom