Rebreather, i said hubby can have one and now i worry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fascinating story, I am looking forward to the next instalment.
Almightywife.
Are you going to try one out?

patti meg diver:
Hi
You should look into the COPIS mini megalodon. It is the rebreather that I dive. I am a very simple girl, so I do not need all the electronics, it is a very basic rebreather and easy to dive. check out rebreatherworld ..... i have so much fun diving my mini meg. Besides the weight of my rebreather is about 46 to 52 lbs. and it is affordable:D
Gee Patti, isn't someone you know and love going to Sydney very soon? Isn't he looking to hook up with a dive buddy?
:D

almitywife:
:well hubby should be trying out the MEG March 17th and he has just made contact with the only MEG user in sydney (Donar or Dontal or soemthing like that on rebreatherworld) so in 2 weeks time the decision will be made and the order placed

Thats Donal

wedivebc:
Gee Patti, isn't someone you know and love going to Sydney very soon? Isn't he looking to hook up with a dive buddy?
:D

Oh yes he is now... Got the PM today (our time) and I will respond today.

:happywave all

anyone got any thoughts on the Classic KISS???

hubby attending OzTek this weekend (aussie thing) and a number of divers that he respects suggested the KISS. it wasnt something he really thought of before - any thoughts??

the MEG is going to be test driven on monday - woohoooo

The Classic Kiss a a very sexy and capable unit. Its really just a choice if Theo would prefer a
Manual or Electronic CCR.
Back or front mounted counter lungs.
And of course there is the cost difference between the two of around $5k.

As I know he is a very avid photographer my preference would be to go for a Electronic unit, or at least a Heads Up Display on the Classic Kiss. It is very easy to get carried away with taking photos and not keep a close enough eye on the PPo2, I had a number of times on the Sport Kiss where I had to kick my own arse for letting the PPo2 drop too low whilst taking video and photos.

Sorry I didnt make it over for OzTek, work decided I should stay in Perth :(

Cheers
Chriso

My recommendation would be the Meg/ Insp / Priz over the Classic, or Sport Kiss dependent on the type of diving anticipated. As mentioned, there is a substantial saving with these units and the workmanship is superb. However, if you or hubby are thinking of doing work, deeper dives (sub 40M), arduous diving the ECCR is far easier to work with vs. the manually controlled units.

I do enjoy the Classic Kiss for it's simplicity and streamlining. On scooter it moves very, very well. However, when the diving gets tough and my hands are occupied with gear, hanging onto descent lines in raging current, working my way through narrow passages and working with video the Classic becomes a larger management issues as I have to manually sit on the injector valve to get in enough oxygen to maintain PO2 + I have to watch the displays judiciously. Also, the Classic tends (IMO) to be a bit leakier and trickier when conducting sitting pressure tests. At the end of each dive I have a bit of water sloshing around the bottom of the canister. The Meg is always bone dry and all I see is the normal amount of water vapor. The Classic also does not have a water trap as do the Meg, or Prism.

I would certainly have a look at them because they certainly fill a niche in the RB market and it is my choice of RB when the diving is within recreational limits (depth and task) and I want to take the scooter. It's also easier to ship and travel with.

Best with the Meg tryout!

information overload!

today i attended OzTek and got to look at alot of rebreathers

i really like the KISS classic!!

hubbys diving is 30/90ft or shallower and he likes to take pics of pretty fishies.....so i can see why the MEG might be overkill (poor choice of words) for his diving

tomorrow will be trydive the MEG and the KISS sports...... hubby actually lost sleep last night over this

cheers - will bore you tomorrow how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom