Rebreather, i said hubby can have one and now i worry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks miss and DB

well last night, hubby called me to his office and said "honey i want you to watch this movie with me, i just downloaded it"

ordinarily if a hubby whispers such words into your ear you would be thinking.. :shocked:

BUT.... heheheh, hubby had downloaded from rebreather world video taken by Stuart as he went and talked to the manufacturers about rebreathers at DEMA. (i saw CCRDolphin and pattimegdiver!)

and it was very interesting to see more of the components and talk about the features

hubby hasnt dived one yet - but he's more in love with the meg than ever before... and as you can see by my attitude, im quite happy for him to go down this track now. i still worry but i'll worry if he was into stamp collecting also i would guess :D

Hello Almity
I am sure he is going to be fine, with good instruction and the attitude he has to diving you have nothing to worry about.

After moving from the PRISM to the Meg 3 months ago I am now totally in love with the unit, it is such a pleasure to dive and the instruction given by Steve James at CCRdiving is without doubt some of the very best I have had.

I am trying to get one of the Megs over to Sydney ASAP for him to take for a splash unfortunatly my Christmas has been cut short but we can easily get him on one in March at OZTek.

My impressions of the CCR's I have dived
http://www.uwphotog.com/equipment/breathers.html

Cheers
Chriso

:happywave Chriso!!!

hubby tries the prism next week and he's getting his tickets for oztek so if we cant rustle up a meg it will wait till march. he also going to dvie the optima in december.

thanks, i will send him that link and over the weekend i will look into a bpw to talk to you aboot

cheers

hi all.... rehashing this because i can :D

today was a try dive on the DiveRite O2ptima and i must say its moved up the scale to a very strong contender

i must say... it didnt look as pretty or as comfy as the inspo but hubby says despite looks it dived well, he felt it was quiter than the inspo and found it smaller and lighter. i thought it looked very busy but hubby said it was very easy to adjust and use.

funny moment... while he underwater a slate came down with a buyers contract/agreement quickly written up by the distributor :D the other try-diver signed straight away but i knew hubby is waitting till March (OzTek)

Chrisso..... hubby waiting for OzTek because we're just waiting to try the Meg...im practising being broke already

BUT i will say...the more i see these things the more im itching to have a try at them

Optima1.jpg

Optima2.jpg

look - no bubbles!
Optima3.jpg

Cool shots! No more bubble....
Which unit are you going to invest?

hubby hasnt decided yet - he hanging out to play with the meg and then he will make his decision

down to Meg, optima or inspo.... all hideoulsy expensive! :wink:

Glad the Optima has moved up to being a serious contender. It is the unit I dive and I must say I love it more and more after ever dive I put on it. It was designed with cave diving in mind and therefore is more forgiving when it comes to complete flooding of the unit. Also, JM's HH electronics have probably the best "threat matrix" on the market, which adds to the Optima's safety. Finally, you mentioned that it looked busy...it is actually, probably the simplest of all ECCR's available.

And... I agree with all of the others -- you definitely have an open mind and should be applauded for that:yelclap: ... which leads me to thinking about your remark that said something along the lines of how you are not the kind of person who can dive a RB. I have a feeling we'll be reading on this same thread in about a year or so and you'll be talking about your new RB! Ya know, the new Optima FX will be able to accommodate smaller tanks nicely and will be purr-fect (sorry I'm a cat lover, and a dork) for women. It was actually prototyped with a 5'1" woman.

almitywife:
hubby hasnt decided yet - he hanging out to play with the meg and then he will make his decision

down to Meg, optima or inspo.... all hideoulsy expensive! :wink:
I agreed on it! expensive toy:D
I never try Megalodon yet, Did you try? I heard more compact compared with other units

Jason Ooi:
I agreed on it! expensive toy:D
I never try Megalodon yet, Did you try? I heard more compact compared with other units
i havent tried any of the units (yet) what we hear about the MEG is that its a tough, well made unit but we only have 1 instructor in Oz and the dist is on the other side of the country so we have to wait till he comes over here in march

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom