Rebreather, i said hubby can have one and now i worry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay! I'm posting in the woman's forum!!! Okay I'll leave now :).

hahahah Roy! have some nitrox :wink:

well as at this mornings talk... he is very interested in the MEG Copis but he still needs to dive the KISS to make the final decision

why the Copis.... hubby likes the idea of a manual 'breather (hence why the KISS has been playing in his mind so much this week) and the thing about the MEG is that IF he decides to upgrade to fully electronic with the MEG he can easily do that.

any thoughts on this??

The Copis Meg has some interesting features as mentioned, including the use of the Extend Air Cartridge option instead of granular sorb for the CO2 Scrubber.

But tell your Hubby to stop being selfish and spend the money instead on a liveaboard trip together from the Solomons, to PNG, all the way to Raja Ampat. . .:popcorn:

blurrrrr - sorry but i HATE boats and wont step foot on a liveaboard!

im sending him to East Timor in July...... does that count??

but was talking to guys that live here on sunday.....http://www.loloata.com/... very nice

as far as him being selfish..hahahah, he decided as an adult he can have only child syndrome so its all aboot him :wink:

:happywave... well just to finish this thread off with the final rebreather hubby has tried

the KISS sports

went for a try dive yesterday and he quite liked it though if he was to buy a KISS it would be the classic

he did say he noticed the change in working breath when he was in a kneeling postion or turning around and he didnt feel that with the MEG

as hubby is a bit old school... its down the the KISS Classic or the MEG Copis.

i did like how the KISS didnt look as cluttered and bulky as the other units because the counter lungs are in the back of the unit.

but, the advantage with the Copis is that he can upgrade to fully electronic if he wants

hmmmmmmmmm - he says he is going to think about it for a few days and then decide

im sure it was easier in him choosing to buy a car

cheers

pics!

setting up the unit:
KISS2.jpg

usual smile pic
KISS1.jpg

and off into the water... for a 70min dive
KISS3.jpg

The KISS has a nice Open Circuit 2nd Stage/Bail-Out Valve Design incorporated into the mouthpiece; and I like the way the counter-lungs are protected in the back of the unit (but does make for more Work-of-Breathing compared to the Meg).

But tell your Hubby that it would be better to spend the money instead on a trip together to the Galapagos and South America . . .:popcorn:

(But wait . . .you don't like Boats??? Isn't that akin to a Canadian saying s/he doesn't like ice skating?)

Kevrumbo:
......(But wait . . .you don't like Boats??? Isn't that akin to a Canadian saying s/he doesn't like ice skating?)
:huh:.... well we are an island.... :D well after sunday being talked into the solomons and now the tsunami im talking up PNG to hubby (not that its hard work btw)

Kevrumbo:
The KISS has a nice Open Circuit 2nd Stage/Bail-Out Valve Design incorporated into the mouthpiece; and I like the way the counter-lungs are protected in the back of the unit (but does make for more Work-of-Breathing compared to the Meg)........
personally i dont get the whole carrying a bailout thing.... of course the day you need it will change my mind im sure

i noticed Ron Micjam had a full faced mask but i never asked him what he does if he has to go to bailout... i will have to bother hubby with the questions now

Back
Top Bottom