Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I'd like to see, at least for the iColor, is a confirmation to change the heading in the compass. If you accidentally hit a button you lose your heading. I like the way the Mk2S handles this. Single click to set a bearing. If you click again, you get a confirmation message requiring a second click to set a new bearing.

Also a coloured mark on the outer edge showing the your heading on the main dive screen would be good. Save having to click back into the compass to check headings during a long navigation heading.

I believe that it will be most helpful if others send the same requests to Ratio to show that there is popular support for these features.

If anyone here has more ideas of what to request from them, please put it here so that I can include it in my email discussions with them.
I agree with all of you and I think this is a good start. Requests like these from "experienced" divers (why not include links to ScubaBoard and even to this particular thread??) is the way to go. Through these, they can get easily plenty of valuable feedback directly from their target market.
About surfGF in particular, to me it is kind of obvious that if a diver is considered informed and "responsible" enough to be able to choose his own GFs (directly or through setting conservatism levels), he should also be considered capable enough of monitoring his surfGF on the go and make informed decisions based on it.
We should never forget anyway that all these numbers (NDLs, decos, GF, surfGF etc) are best effort estimates.
Anyway, hope for the best.

(why not include links to ScubaBoard and even to this particular thread??) is the way to go. Through these, they can get easily plenty of valuable feedback directly from their target market.

You are reading my mind. I was thinking of asking them to come here and check what people are discussing and want in the computer. I guess I am going to do that too.

Please keep these great ideas coming.

Thanks, I've now downloaded the toolbox and updated the computer's software, and it seems to be working fine now. Hoping to get my first dives in with this new computer in a couple of days, if the weather cooperates.
Cross referencing to my experience diving the Ratio iX3M2. Short version: did not function correctly, poor customer service, have now returned and will be buying a Shearwater. I would not recommend Ratio or the iX3M2 to anyone.

One thing they should add to the planner for the Idive Colour watches (no idea about the iX3M2) as you can only plan one dive at a time, cannot plan multiple dives. Should be an easy software fix if they could do that.
Waiting on feed back from Ratio now

One thing they should add to the planner for the Idive Colour watches (no idea about the iX3M2) as you can only plan one dive at a time, cannot plan multiple dives. Should be an easy software fix if they could do that.
Waiting on feed back from Ratio now
Got a response from Ration on this.

"The iDive Color has just the basic dive-planning, so it is not possible to plan two dives in the same day with it. Sorry.
I will forward your email to our R&D but at the moment the feature is not on the road map."

Also said for them to check out this page for their R&D teams

i sent an email to ratio asking to add the surfGF and also the custom GF across the board, i was wondering if someone can post a log of a dive to see what kind of data can be pulled from Subsurface app.

i sent an email to ratio asking to add the surfGF and also the custom GF across the board, i was wondering if someone can post a log of a dive to see what kind of data can be pulled from Subsurface app.
Attached is dive I did few days ago (rename the file to .ssrf). That's more or less what you get out of the DC (I didn't have AI with me for that dive).
That was a no deco dive. If you go into deco, DC reported ceiling is also shown.
I hope these help.

Attachments

• export.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 85
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom