Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use ratio transmitters all the time, never had a dropped signal that wasn't my fault. Their system seems to work perfectly and I have had it near a number a other battery systems (camping lights, chargers and all sorts camping) and no issues.

Question (couldn't find it in the specs): do all three models (Pro, Deep, Tech+) have the sidemount function, showing both tanks simultaneously, provided they're both hooked up with transmitters? If not, which version has this feature?

Question (couldn't find it in the specs): do all three models (Pro, Deep, Tech+) have the sidemount function, showing both tanks simultaneously, provided they're both hooked up with transmitters? If not, which version has this feature?

They all do but I believe the Pro and Deep have lower transmitter count, not 10.

But you can upgrade, correct? So when I am going to use more than 2 or if I want extra features, I can upgrade from Pro to Deep or from Deep to Tech+, right? Hardware stays the same as I understand it

But you can upgrade, correct? So when I am going to use more than 2 or if I want extra features, I can upgrade from Pro to Deep or from Deep to Tech+, right? Hardware stays the same as I understand it
Yes, pay a fee and the extra features will be unlocked.

How come the GPS version of not available to the general public (website states it's military only)? It supports GPS and Bluetooth seems like a near perfect computer!

How come the GPS version of not available to the general public?

in the iX3M 2, it is available to the military/police only. I asked why but didn't get an answer except it isn't available to the recreational sector at all so far. I have it in my iX3M 1 computer.

I have been using the iX3M 2 Tech+ for 40 dives (recreational and technical ) now and I'm very happy with it. Before that I used the iX3M but the iX3M 2 is clearly better in regard to usability, functionality and design. The iX3M is also available with GPS for military use, while the iX3M2 is only available without GPS (at least due to their webpage).
I recommend the iX3M2. Gas switching works great and the readability is fantastic. I also use one transmitter, it works well. You don't need to pair it for every dive, this only needs to be done when you change the communication channel. Pairing itself is easy.

, while the iX3M2 is only available without GPS (at least due to their webpage)
That's disappointing as I was looking at a Ratio for the GPS capability. I'm curious which dive computer with GPS capability is fastest with gaining an accurate (within 10 meters) once reaching the surface.

That's disappointing as I was looking at a Ratio for the GPS capability. I'm curious which dive computer with GPS capability is fastest with gaining an accurate (within 10 meters) once reaching the surface.
I was talking with someone who works at my local dive shop this week, and he has an Atmos Mission (the first, not the Mission 2) and he says that he gets GPS readings on it while he is still 10-15 feet underwater. That surprised me, but that would be great being able to find GPS points while staying lower than most boat drafts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom