Rate your LDS's

Rate the stores you regularly shop (not online) What is your overall impression?

• Product selection is satisfactory.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Product selection is unsatisfactory.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Prices are reasonable and competetive. I'm satisfied.

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • Prices are too high. I'm not satisfied.

Votes: 44 50.0%
  • Information provided is satisfactory.

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Information provided is unsatisfactory.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Services offered are satisfactory.

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Services offered are unsatisfactory.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Customer service is good, satisfactory.

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • Customer service is poor, unsatisfactory.

Votes: 13 14.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin once bubbled...
What do you think....? Guess it is time to go in and see how much rust they have accumilated in my tanks (sitting next door to an indoor pool).... valves off.

Are you serious? They have open tanks sitting next to an indoor pool?

Why haven't you demanded your money back?

I just got back from my LDS. As always it was an expensive experience. I took my reg and air 2 in for annual maintenance. I dove a lot last year and intend to dive even more next year. I don't begrudge them a few dollars but I always feel that I got less than what I paid for. For example he couldn't get the Subapro DIN attachment apart and had to replace it. He said he would send it in and credit it to me if the they warrantied it but I get the feeling that I won't see that $70.00 again. I also learned that Aldora Divers in Cozumel didn't replace the yolk when they did their high pressure attachment switch in August. The replacement cost me $75.00. The annual labor on the reg and air 2 servicing cost me $75.00. All parts were warrantied except as above. I know it is absolutely necessary to have the annual service done but for the $230.00 or so I ended up spending I probably could have replaced some of the equipment rather than repairing it. C'est la vie. Scuba is an expensive sport no matter how you want to look at it.

I have not been charged anything yet. This is a big chain mind you...... I actually don't mind if they screw it up.... as I WILL be compensated. I am just going to sit back a bit .... and let them hang themselves. If my tanks are abused.... I WILL be getting new ones. Count on it.

This is one reason to keep the small mom n pop dive shops going.
I likely would have been in and out in 30 minutes or less.

BlueDolphin wrote:

I actually don't mind if they screw it up.... as I WILL be compensated

What if one day one of the experts decides its time to make that o-ring fit, slaps it on somehow, or they finally get a new one. He then puts the valve on your tank full of moisture, fills it, and off you go until next year your tank fails vis. or hydro.

By the way, what city are they in?

I have been in over 6 LDS in eastern PA and NJ over the last 2 weeks looking for a hood. I have yet to find a shop that was honest. A couple of the shops tried to talk me out of what I wanted and sell me what they had. One shop was pushing something that would not work. One shop said he ordered it and it would be in with 3 days, that was 2 weeks ago. One shop had no clue what I wanted. I have yet to find a shop ANYWHERE(well there might be one), That has honest AND knowledgable people working there. Most shops are full of BS and inferior equipment. I really feel sorry for the new folks who get BS'd and sold wrong equipment when they start diving. No wonder they never come back to diving. Gee can you understand why I think selling dive gear and teaching diving is a conflict of interest.
Done with my rant!!!

Waterlover,
What kind of hood are you looking for?

Well.... they now have the orings installed (said.... "they seemed to fit, and the cylinders are holding air"), not the most comforting remarks... but hey.

They said both tanks passed vis.

I checked them before taking them in, and they looked to me like they needed to be "whipped". Small flakes of rust here and there. Hate to have one of those rust flakes get stuck in my valve.

I'll likely remove the valves when I get the tanks back, and double check to see how they look. Can you say what a HUGE waist of time. I will push to get the o-rings free, and ***** about the turn around time to get the fills free..... since it looks like I will be having the vis redone soon.

Well..... that is my LDS experience.

BlueDolphin

I'm glad you'll finally have your tanks back.

Well.... they now have the orings installed (said.... "they seemed to fit, and the cylinders are holding air"), not the most comforting remarks... but hey

Make sure they don't charge you for comedy. :jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom