R.I. Couple Finds Rare Pearl in Clam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
not only will you chased with a clam rake, be tarred, feathered, cattle prodded, branded and forced to eat quahog chow-DER we will find some REAL lobsters and let them go to town with thier claws AND we will tape your eyelids open and force you to read Basquet cartoons. Scared yet?

This is the actual reason the South never fought in New England, and why the Brits left, too.

Now that this thread has wandered across the continent, it's time for this Texan to express that the very best oysters in the U.S. are Gulf oysters. Twice within the past month, I've tried the Yankee pride on the half-shell. Those Chincoteagues were overpriced but undernourished; they were wimpy, watery and left me wanting. Oyster season is in full waltz down south, and they're plump and full of good-for-ya.

OTOH, there are cockroaches in Houston bigger than Gulf lobsters.

H2Andy:
Diesel: Having problems? do try to concentrate :wink:
i had this cool smiley i was tryin to post... but for some reason couldnt make it work........
at this point its lost its efferct

actually, the Brits re-invaded New England during the War of 1812, landed,
tasted the food, and said "screw this."

thus, you could say, bad food won us the war

Diesel: timing is very important when you are fighting someone who
can turn into a desk at will

Chincoteague is in VIRGINIA you blasphemer! :mad:
As far as I am concerned TX should cecede the US as should New England then none of us would have to try to get along...
Oh while we're on oysters: they're nice 'n plump because they are "ripe" mmmmmmmmm oyster gonads! TASTY! :evil:

o yeah H2Andy..
dynamite and lave.. yeah

they dont have nothin on gidds

oh where did the axe murderer icon go? I was looking for it for like ten minutes the other day and I think it is gone...

Chincoteaque, wherever; we throw away better oysters than y'all serve in restaurants. And they're best eaten with a bit of bursting lime, straight from the Valley -- that's the Rio Grande Valley, down in South Texas, from where we're now exporting more citrus than Florida (temporarily at least, due to the FL hurricanes.)

Now all we need is a Californian shuckin' in here...

We keep all the GOOD oysters up here for personal consumption. I'm the oyster Dr. I should know :wink: You guys can keep your hepatitis and Vibrio-laden balls o-snot and we'll keep our delicately flavored, lovely colored plump little beauties. How's that for a truce? :wink: I suppose we will have to barter a trade agreement for tobasco sauce though but plain oysters are fine with me if you folks won't play ball...

I've never compared east coast quahogs to Texas ones. What's the size difference?

Back
Top Bottom