Quite the storm going on now !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverN2H2O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I wish I knew how to share links .
I you want to see some videos of the weather in Paradise currently, go to Facebook Cozumel 4 You or Adrian Cozumel
This storm has been rocking for about 2 hours now .
It will pass and all will be good .

One site shows 64 degrees, 34 mph north winds, and the video mentioned shows but impressive waves breaking on the beach.

Old growth trees felled in Cancun and Playa. About to take the vomit comet. :eek:

Cameron
Beautiful day on the other side of the island until about 5.
IMG_20190127_161641871.jpg

Our power went out for about 1/2 hour, someone reported hearing tornado warning sirens, and it is blowing like crazy. I have seen more rain in other storms...this one was all about the wind. Saw a video shot in Playa del Carmen of a giant tree blown over into a street (looks like 5th) completely blocking the road (and probably landing on the merchandise of a few shops). Crazy windy.

Yikes! We just got home to Minnesota last night after a week at Scuba Club Cozumel. That’s even worse than what we had last week. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow and -28*f temp this week though.

Our power went out for about 1/2 hour, someone reported hearing tornado warning sirens, and it is blowing like crazy. I have seen more rain in other storms...this one was all about the wind. Saw a video shot in Playa del Carmen of a giant tree blown over into a street (looks like 5th) completely blocking the road (and probably landing on the merchandise of a few shops). Crazy windy.

Port is open! Hahahah Just kidding of course!

Pretty sure we don't have tornado sirens on the island - but there were firetrucks rushing somewhere - and they were using some different sounding sirens than I've heard before

Old growth trees felled in Cancun and Playa. About to take the vomit comet. :eek:

Cameron

Cozumel! One of the smoother crossings to date.

... Gotta love the eye of the storm?

The wreck moved:
20190127_210748-01.jpeg

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom