Problem with harness accessories staying put

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishWatcher747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a standard 2 inch webbing BPW harness. Not a tech guy and not going to be, just a rec diver. My problem is I use HOG utility pouches, weight pouches on cam straps and such that thread onto the harness. The standard triglides are so low profile that the pouches don't stay put, they can slide right over the triglides.

I am guessing the utility pouches and weight pouch openings are maybe 2 1/4 inches which is fine for threading on a 2 inch webbing but all the triglides I have seen have a height that is no more than 2 1/4 inches.

Any ideas how to solve this?

LASIGHT 4 Sets Plastic Ladder Slider Buckles and Tri-glide Slide Clips Adjustable/Lockable https://a.co/d/9LRO6hU

I have a standard 2 inch webbing BPW harness. Not a tech guy and not going to be, just a rec diver. My problem is I use HOG utility pouches, weight pouches on cam straps and such that thread onto the harness. The standard triglides are so low profile that the pouches don't stay put, they can slide right over the triglides.

I am guessing the utility pouches and weight pouch openings are maybe 2 1/4 inches which is fine for threading on a 2 inch webbing but all the triglides I have seen have a height that is no more than 2 1/4 inches.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Don't use the tri-glide to "block" your pockets....instead weave your 2" strap down through one side of the tri-glide, then under the keeper/mounting strap of your pocket and then up through the other side of the tri-glide...the tri-glide will be superimposed atop the keeper/mountring strap of your pocket and lock the pocket in place.

Here is a series of pictures showing a Dive Rite QB weight pocket being attached with a plastic tri-glide to the waist belt portion of a 2" wide nylon webbing harness:

IMG_20231106_172209_647.jpg
IMG_20231106_172252_321.jpg
IMG_20231106_172319_293.jpg
IMG_20231106_172347_812.jpg

Metal tri-glides work too:
IMG_20231106_172513_960.jpg

-Z

Double sided velcro strap through the triglide, and arround the pouch guides.

Don't use the tri-glide to "block" your pockets....instead weave your 2" strap down through one side of the tri-glide, then under the keeper/mounting strap of your pocket and then up through the other side of the tri-glide...the tri-glide will be superimposed atop the keeper/mountring strap of your pocket and lock the pocket in place.

Here is a series of pictures showing a Dive Rite QB weight pocket being attached with a plastic tri-glide to the waist belt portion of a 2" wide nylon webbing harness:
That works well when the strap on the accessory is only 1/2 inch like in your pictures. The HOG utility pockets and the weight pockets have about a 2 inch strap. So for your solution to work I would have to cut vertically through the 2 inch strap, burn the edges which might be a good idea. See picture below.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom