Potting epoxy for rebreather electronics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_v

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Folks, what epoxy is suitable for potting rebreather electronics? Asking for a friend.

Thank you!

There are tons out there. Like MG potting compound which you can get on Amazon in small tubes

There are tons out there. Like MG potting compound which you can get on Amazon in small tubes
Yeah, something like this?

Did it on an AV1 Hud S. Never flooded again

Yeah friend I've only used some gel stuff a bit sticky that stays gel a bit like that reusable adhesive but more fluid

no hardening

SO YOU CAN GET IN THERE AGAIN

I've had good luck with food grade silicone. Seals it up but still allows disassembly.

I can't say to do this as I have only personally used it half dozen times but all with great success. I have been potting stuff in hot glue. Yes, the kind your mother uses for scrapbooking. It seems to seal very well and can be peeled back out at a later date.
I don't have any professional testing or data to backup how and where it will fail, but it has been working really well for me for a few years in fresh water above 300'.

My last one

E-60 nc.

The cost is similar but you have to buy the dispenser for the loctite. Peanuts really.
20240608_224758.jpg
20240608_125740.jpg
20240608_112335.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom