Specs for Molex connector wires

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, RMS is different.

You will not find an AK wet cable with one female and one male end to get that break. I inquired. Typically, the cables come with male or female on one end leaving the stranded end open for other applications. You can buy two cables - one male, one female - and join them.

Yeah, RMS is different.

You will not find an AK wet cable with one female and one male end to get that break. I inquired. Typically, the cables come with male or female on one end leaving the stranded end open for other applications. You can buy two cables - one male, one female - and join them.

Now I get what you are saying.

I actually inquired with Richard @ DiveTronix about building a cable with a 4 pin female at one end and 4 pin male at the other to do what I want. He said he could do it but it would be expensive and it would make more sense if there were a bunch of people that wanted similar cables in order to justify the cost.

I put in the second 4 pin cable instead.

Modularity is really key in rebreathers -- especially when dealing with stupid molex connectors.

- brett

PS - The other big advantage if I had a 4 pin AK cable with a pigtail is that I could easily remove the cell tray and take it into my hotel room, luggage, etc.

As it stands right now, I can't take the cell tray out without disconnecting the two monitor cells and pulling the wire out from under the RMS board.

If I had a cable with a "break" then I could very easily pull out the cell tray.

More projects on the "to-do" list.... :(

- brett

Pricing indeed bites. You are looking at:

- $200 in cable costs (2 cables around $100 each)
- $30 for the connector box, McMaster-Carr
- $5 for Molex connectors, wiring

I am rounding the prices to $5 minimum.

Here is how you can save $.

When you piggy tail dies, i.e., the Molex wires become too short to be useful as you cut them periodically to remove the bad wiring, save it. That's your female end of the deal. Buy the male end and the rest of the components. I am kicking myself for not saving the piggy tail.

Now I get what you are saying.

I actually inquired with Richard @ DiveTronix about building a cable with a 4 pin female at one end and 4 pin male at the other to do what I want. He said he could do it but it would be expensive and it would make more sense if there were a bunch of people that wanted similar cables in order to justify the cost.

I put in the second 4 pin cable instead.

Modularity is really key in rebreathers -- especially when dealing with stupid molex connectors.

- brett
I would be willing to get in on a "group" buy on a 4 pin pin AK cable if Richard can make that happen.

I would be willing to get in on a "group" buy on a 4 pin pin AK cable if Richard can make that happen.
@Divermikey , @beldridg, @stuartv - I will start asking around. While it is possible to make a connector, I am curious whether AK Industries, the manufacturer, can do a custom run.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know.

Folks - good news. It is likely we can get wet mate cables in question manufactured. I will DM those who were interested.

Back
Top Bottom