Specs for Molex connector wires

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long does a double ended AK cable need to be?

I have a solution.

AK cable with a bulkhead on one end in a cable grip potted. Assuming you had the room it would be solid.

Allan Kidd is a nice guy, but the company was terrible to deal with and I left a 60 something piece order on the table after delay/lack of response time after time.

You can pot these on the end of a cable fairly easy.
20240904_180722.jpg

Allan Kidd is a nice guy, but the company was terrible to deal with and I left a 60 something piece order on the table after delay/lack of response time after time.

It is nice you even got a response back. They ignored both of my emails. They do not seem interested in dealing with general public.

Question:

To prevent the corrosion running up the cable from the molex connection, it would make sense to solder a cable and epoxy+shrink wrap that joint, leaving the other cable to be replaced when the Molex connectors break. Is this the best course of action?

There's nothing wrong with the connector per-se, just the Molex end.

Other options? Do those cell caps work? Cannot imagine that they would given the large pressure variations when diving.

See the thread I started, page 3 for more info and pay attention to post 26.

Since applying a tiny layer of food grade silicone as suggested in post 26, my cells are behaving much better. It is nice seeing the PPO2 numbers line up, more or less ;-)

Cheers~

P.S. Add wire cutters, molex connectors, and crimpers to your dive toolbox.

Back
Top Bottom