Poll: What about diving do you enjoy most ?

What about diving you enjoy most ?

• Just being underwater

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Seeing marine life

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • Exploring, wreck, cave, etc..

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Using gear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Really never just 1 particular thing, but if you had to choose, what about diving do you enjoy most ?

For me it is seeing marine life. I am a gear head and love trying new gear, adjusting or perfecting my gear, but ultimately, I view my gear as tools to assist in my goal of seeing cool marine life.

I have friends that just like being underwater as their biggest pleasure.

I have other friends that obsess over their gear and love to dive the local quarry so they can play and experiment with their gear.

What about you ?

Shell collecting.

Tuff to narrow it down but for me so far it's a tie between being underwater and the marine life. The fish might just barely edge it out, to the point that I'm working towards my dive hours and certs so that I can be a volunteer diver at the shedd aquarium. That might change though when I start diving some wrecks :)

Im all about marine life. I am lucky in that I live 2 hours from great shore diving with lots of fish, pinnepeds (sp), nudibranchs, crabs, etc. And I strongly prefer ocean diving -- it just seems to support more marine life.

As Ive dived more, Ive learned to appreciate the weightlessness, the buoyancy -- all that stuff. But still, diving to me is mainly a means to an end -- the end being that I get to experience marine life in its natural habitat.

As long as the gear works OK, Im happy. I do have preferences with gear, but not particularly strong ones. I prefer a back-inflate, but I could use a jacket style and Id be fine. Im also incredibly cheap, so that often guides my gear choices.

I am claustrophobic, so no way Im ever entering a cave. I get really anxious in dry caves, I would probably freak out in an underwater cave.

I do like wrecks - just swimming around them and through open holds is fun. But its way more fun if there are fish around.

Relative freedom in an alien world...love seeing critters & topography then re-living it with like-minded folks (maybe over a drink) with a beautiful sunset. Life is good. :) :cheers::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Some days it's the solitude. Others it's the joy of sharing the wonders under the waves.

Some days it's the sea life. Others it's the coral and underwater topography.

Some days it's catching lobster for supper. Others it's catching shots on camera.

Some days it's the challenge of the dive itself. Others it's just getting away from the day to day routine.

All days diving are good days.

Back
Top Bottom