What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I'm often finding myself window shopping for more.....
Where are you, and what size ? I have too many fins.
You are welcome to do your 'window shopping' at my place.

Resistance is futile, move to the dark side.
Mixing my sci-fi analogies , you 'get the picture'.

Pun. :daydream:

Well this thread did not help my cause ...

1696401042117.png

Tanks. I have 11.

Tanks would be it for me as well. I only started diving a little over a year ago and already own 7 tanks

I just saw two more steel 72’s sitting at a salvage yard that I regularly shop at for various items. They don’t know anything about tanks and thought someone was dropping off old aluminum tanks for scrap.
I looked at these steel tanks closely and there are no x stampings to void them, they have good valves and I peeked inside, a little surface rust but nothing that won’t clean up. They want $1 per lb. That works out to $30 a piece for these. Do I get them and risk $30 in case these were scrapped because they didn’t pass hydro, or are they good and it’s just that somebody didn’t know what they had. Oh the torment! :banghead:

I just saw two more steel 72’s sitting at a salvage yard that I regularly shop at for various items. They don’t know anything about tanks and thought someone was dropping off old aluminum tanks for scrap.
I looked at these steel tanks closely and there are no x stampings to void them, they have good valves and I peeked inside, a little surface rust but nothing that won’t clean up. They want $1 per lb. That works out to $30 a piece for these. Do I get them and risk $30 in case these were scrapped because they didn’t pass hydro, or are they good and it’s just that somebody didn’t know what they had. Oh the torment! :banghead:
Um... Is this a question? $60 is an easy gamble for 2 72s.....

3/4x14 thread? I'd grab them in a heartbeat. Other thread? Likely pass unless someone else was asking me to find them some...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom