Poll: What about diving do you enjoy most ?

What about diving you enjoy most ?

• Just being underwater

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Seeing marine life

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • Exploring, wreck, cave, etc..

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Using gear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what part of diving I enjoy the most ... but for my dive buddies I'm pretty sure it's that I can't talk underwater ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I've dived with a couple of divers who won't let that stop them. One of them can be heard throughout the dive mumbling away from many feet away. By the end of the dive my neck would be sore from turning to see if there was a problem.

Just being weightless. Still a buzz after all these years.

I can fin out over the ledge and the bottom drops way off, but I don't. It's like slow flying.
This. Anything else is secondary. It's awesome, but still secondary to being weightless. Between the surface and the abyss.

One of my earliest diving experiences was when I finned out over a ledge, exhaled and started sinking into the nothingness. Admittedly, the nothingness ended quite abruptly at some 20m depth, but still. That experience founded my deep fascination with wall diving, and later, night diving. There's something intangible with hanging in the nothingness, just being there. Light above, abyss below.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom