Please Comment on my first Setup. Plan to buy tomorrow !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme once bubbled...
Ok i postponed the purchase. I PM FredT about the stuff that he can sell to me cheaper than X company.

I am always into a Bp/WIng concept; the modularity & simplicity of it. HOwever $500 for comple Halycon vs $250 mares syncro power Tech is a big incentive for me to go with non bp/wings

Hopefully i got good news from fred

Good man. On the $500 vs $250, you have to look at how long you will use the equipment and prorate the cost over that time. If you keep the bp&w for even 5 years, the cost difference is zip. Don't let yourself buy "less than stellar" equipment due to a small difference in price.

I'm sure FredT will give you good news :D

MD

Wendy once bubbled...
You might also want to check www.diveinn.com and see if there are any regs on there that you like. The usually have good prices.

Where are you located anyway?

Now, we already got him convinced on the Scubapro, don't go backwards :D =-)

MD

dang, i smell a DIR operative here ...............

seriously, i couldnt care less about non DIR, DIR ......... etc.

All i need is something that works great.

I have seen a lot of toys gadgets that works great on paper but not on real world.

one example, on mountain bike they have integrated brake levers and the gear shifters. Now if you crash on amountain bike (in which if u really bike, you will crash :D ) one bent from the brake levers and you have to replace the whole thing with the shifters. That is why i opt for seperate brake shifters and and seperate gear shifter.

same goes with BP/Wings

i really like the concept, simplicity and modularity of it ( ss plates + 36 lbw for cold diving, 27 lbs alloy for tropical, heck it can also be upgraded to double tank should i dare to explore caves in the future).

Now why people associate too much of BP/Wings to DIR, that i dont know and do not care to know.

I just want what works best !! :D

also i understand that while ascending it is a pain to have to hold the console while maintaining your speed. It is way easier to just look at your wrist mounted computer. BUT I want AI and hoseless AI is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

so i have to stick my guns on the DataMax Pro Plus 2. :doctor:

Question: Is FredT now making wings to go with his fantastic BPs? Anyone have any specs? For $300.00 I might pick up an extra rig.

Thanks

Buff,

Yep, Dr. Phibes it is. You're the first one to notice. Kind of an obscure movie, some people probably think that's really what I look like. Great movie.

Oh, it's Dr. Phibes not "Mr. Vibes"

Well,

it might be "Phibes" but to me Vincent Price will always be the "Vibe"

V.P. was so good in "Edward Scissorhands" I thoght he deserved an award for his performance.

I have to rent "Mr. Phibes" tonight!

did you see Vincent Price when he was in Mask of the Red Death? I think that's the name. So good, so scarey. Not like today's crap.

V.P. was great, I love his films.

I almost rented "Mask of the Red Death" a few days ago. I'll have to check that one out.

Edward Scissorhands was such a great movie, I have the poster framed over my couch.

"I almost rented "Mask of the Red Death" a few days ago. I'll have to check that one out."

My GOD!!! I was going to write about that movie but I couldn't remeber for sure the title "Mask of the Red Death". So wonderfully macbre(sp?)...nothing like that today.

IT's a goodie! I'll rent that tonight too.

Seeing that we have so much in common, ElectricZombie, you should invite me down to N.C. for some wreck diving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best dives I have ever done are in N.C.

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom