Please Comment on my first Setup. Plan to buy tomorrow !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Mares Syncro Power Tech BC - there was a thread once about BP/Wing for a hair under $300 - PM FredT for ideas.

2) ScubaPro MK 25/ S600 - :drool: based on board comments

4) Compass - SK7 wristmount (a bit bulky but since it might be difficult at first to be perfectly horizontal, you won't have stuck needles since this unit it 'tilt tolerant').

I really like BP/WIngs but the Haylcon will run me at least $500 !! while the mares syncro can be owned for around $ 260

:(

Also, i like the idea of AI computer ( i am a geek :D )

Can some one tell me the advantage of a wrist computer vs. console computer ??

what do u guys think ???

You can get it cheaper than $500! At the most if you got everything Halcyon, you would pay around $400, but if you got your backplate and harness from Fred T I'm sure it would end up cheaper. The pioneer 27# wing from Halcyon is about $275, maybe $40 for the webbing and all the hardware (d-rings etc) and then a backplate. You said you really liked the bp/wing. If you really meant this do some research on prices and see if you something you wouldn't mind paying.

And also keep an eye on ebay for gear:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2702276380&category=16053

:geek: :confused: :lol: :sorry: i am too :D

i switched to wristmount because when my vyper was in a console it's a drag (and i don't know enough to get a shorter HP hose and i don't 'feel' safe strapping it across my chest).

PM FredT about the ~ $300 BP/Wing or search in the BC section.

Dxtreme once bubbled...

Also, i like the idea of AI computer ( i am a geek :D )

Can some one tell me the advantage of a wrist computer vs. console computer ??

what do u guys think ???

I also use an AI computer on my single rig, but have a wrist mount computer or b/t regardless. The wrist mount is easier to "find" and easier to use, especially when ascending.

MD

I use the Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus, it's works great and it's easy to use. My only recommendation would be to add the quick disconnect and forget mounting the compass to the computer. I've tried it and it's not user friendly. Put your compass on your wrist or on a retractable mount. You might thing about using one of the Octo's that's intregrated to your BCD inflator .

Ok i postponed the purchase. I PM FredT about the stuff that he can sell to me cheaper than X company.

Apart from the uncertainty from Ebay which Wings would be a good combo for FredT SS BP ??

I am always into a Bp/WIng concept; the modularity & simplicity of it. HOwever $500 for comple Halycon vs $250 mares syncro power Tech is a big incentive for me to go with non bp/wings

I know that there have been issues on the durability on the Mares syncro power tech and also the weight (~ 10 -12 lbs ! )

Hopefully i got good news from fred

I really appreciate this thread! I have been scouring over the Scuba Mags trying to figure out what is what, and this helps alot!

I don't plan on purchasing now, but I want to be well versed before I purchase!

Thanks!

Jeffrey

You might also want to check www.diveinn.com and see if there are any regs on there that you like. The usually have good prices.

Where are you located anyway?

Back
Top Bottom