Planning a trip to Indonesia? - Watch out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Cozumel
2. Cozumel
3. Cozumel

While not necessarily cheaper, the diving in Bonaire, Cayman Islands, and Turks & Caicos is better than anything in Florida.

I have read a lot regarding cozumel diving being good, and from the limited research I've done, I can see it could be cheaper or similar in cost, alas since uw photography is a big part of my diving I've avoided drift diving to this point. I am leaning toward WPB for my next dive trip though to give drifting a shot and see how it impacts my photography. It's much easier for me to get to WPB than cozumel and from what I hear/see report wise and my diving preferences a better option for me.

I've not had the chance to dive bonaire or T&C yet, I have dived GC 3 times however and while a handful of dives on GC were pretty good, my best dives in GC were not as good as my best dives in FL.

I hear LC is better than GC, but it would have to be monumentally better to be "much better than anything in Florida", from my experience.

You said cheaper too and I know that GC and I suspect LC won't be nearly as cheap as you can dive in SE FL and T&C can be even more expensive than GC.

So I think that leaves Bonaire which probably won't be cheaper but I do hear is good diving. It's on my list, however it's much longer flights for me than a quick scoot down to S FL.

From what I've read on belize and honduras I think I'd opt for bonaire diving wise before either of them and I'd be much safer too.

So as far as better and cheaper, there's cozumel... If I end up doing WPB this spring and enjoy drifting and it doesn't hinder my photography too much that'd be a good next stop.

I really enjoy the diving in key largo, but better and cheaper always sounds good.

What suggestions would you make for better and cheaper diving for someone traveling from us east coast?
This is supposed to be the Indonesia forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom