Planning a trip to Indonesia? - Watch out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One reason i will not travel to Florida, no matter how good the diving is.

DITTO
I quit going to Florida more than 10 years ago.
BTW the diving in FL ain't that good. There are much better and cheaper places, where the people are much nicer.

A

little bit like canceling a trip to California because of R v. W being overturned and the new laws being proposed in Texas.
You mean like canceling a trip to TEXAS
Exactly right

Exactly right
Nope I mean exactly what I said. Bali is not the source of the religious zealotry in Indo.

Nope I mean exactly what I said. Bali is not the source of the religious zealotry in Indo.
LOL
That's like saying Texas is not the source of religious fanaticism in Texas.
:rofl3:

We can find some political reason to nitpick just about anywhere, something 'wrong' per our preferences with any country. Ask anyone concerned about climate change or an interventionist approach to foreign politics and wars whether the U.S. or Indonesia is the bigger offender. Objectionable fanaticism is also found in the secular...as China's unfolding 'Zero Covid' approach and dissident suppression illustrate. Of all the things I consider when researching potential dive destinations, can't say 'cancel culture' concerns have made the list yet...unless there's an obvious direct impact on what I want to do (e.g.: you wanna dive solo, go where it's allowed).

Richard.

LOL
Do you understand how different Bali is from the rest of Indonesia? The vast majority of Indo is Muslim or Christian while Bali is significantly Hindu. Extremely unlikely that the Hindu population (or any part of the population) in Bali is the source of this proposed law. Bali just doesn’t have the political power to dictate such things for the rest of the country. It is possible that I am mistaken, but as the story was from Jakarta I seriously doubt it.

LOL
Do you understand how different Bali is from the rest of Indonesia? The vast majority of Indo is Muslim or Christian while Bali is significantly Hindu. Extremely unlikely that the Hindu population (or any part of the population) in Bali is the source of this proposed law. Bali just doesn’t have the political power to dictate such things for the rest of the country. It is possible that I am mistaken, but as the story was from Jakarta I seriously doubt it.

DocHarry, Darnold9999 is spot on. Bali being predominantly Hindu is very very different from the rest of Indonesia.

Florida allows abortions.

And is in line with European averages on abortions at 15 weeks being the limit. The US under Roe and Casey which allowed for few restrictions was an exception, not the rule.

Exactly right

Well if you are using that as your basis for deciding where to go to Palau prohibits abortions unless it is due to risk to the mother's life. Heck going through a lot of the of the dive destinations they have similar laws.

Or you could just realize that most countries aren't like the US or European countries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom