PC Report 4-23-11 and Hammerhead Sighting!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
PICT0152.jpg

6 foot long hammerhead, unfortunately I didnt have my camera ready. Some others took pics so Ill post it if I get them. A friend and I headed out with dive locker on the Sunday morning inshore trip. Seas were 3ft rollers, clear skies. First dive was on the Strength, a Minesweeper torn in half. Viz was better than usual at about 30-40ft. Bit of current. Second dive was on the Red Sea, a ocean tug sunk a couple years ago so not as much life. Surface current was ripping along at 5 knots, but once you got below 10 ft and down to the bottom it wasnt a problem. Viz was a little worse, but still decent. The hammerhead showed up after we had finished the second dive, and swam by about 20 ft from the boat. Pretty good day all around.

PICT0057.JPG

PICT0075.JPG

PICT0109.jpg

PICT0128.jpg

And lunch at Scampis.

PICT0156.JPG

Rest of pics are here - https://picasaweb.google.com/114814579762566726422/Pc42311#

Totally jealous of the Hammerhead sighting!
Yeah it was cool, we think it was a scalloped hammerhead, brownish, 6 ft long. It swamp by as we were making to leave. Once we started the boat and tried to follow it dove.

Back
Top Bottom