Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This reminds me of a conversation that I had with a guy at a dive store who claimed to be a dive boat captain on the boat that ran out of that store. I asked about pricing. I then asked about the refund policy if they canceled due to weather. I was told there would be no refunds, but I could rebook for another date. I asked what would happen if it was the last day of someone's vacation that got canceled. I was told that the reservation could be used on a future vacation, but no refunds were possible. I did not book with that guy. That shop is no longer there.
You need to add that one to the thread about why you'd avoid a dive op.

You need to add that one to the thread about why you'd avoid a dive op.
Can you provide a link to that thread? I haven't noticed it

Can you provide a link to that thread? I haven't noticed it

Of course I'm not and (as per your second post) I have no clue if any incident occurred. I retired and moved to Europe a year ago, and prior to that I only dived with them the one time during a fish massacre. They were my last resort, I don't care to dive with unfamiliar dive Ops but no body else was running due to marginal conditions, as stated.

According to you there was a change in ownership some time after my experience. But so what?

What does that have to do with another member here disparaging a dive charter and accusing them of all sorts of illegal things with no proof other than a questionable social media post?

See here's a perfect example of a lemming that read something someone else wrote about something someone else wrote and they will no longer patronize that business. Based on nothing but hearsay.

Lol stay in Europe. Why are you even commenting in the Florida section?

That operator has done some other questionable things including posting pics on Facebook of spearfish clients holding illegally caught fish. That’s enough for me to not dive with them. Never have and never will. Too many other good options to even consider them.

How about you stop worrying about us in Florida, troll.

How about you stop worrying about us in Florida, lemming.

Why do you refer to me as a lemming?

I already know the answer (it has to do with a lemming being a person who copies other people).

I just want you to see if you can figure it out for yourself.

Pura Vida for the win on Monday!

Can't say enough positive stuff about Captain Dean (co-owner), Nicole, Amber, Julie and Mike. What a great crew! Excellent communicators one and all - super high performance individuals with crisp standards but relaxed and happy people. Very proud of the work environment Dean, Shana and Jason are providing for the young, super talented dive leaders Pura Vida hires and trains to be standard bearers, IMO.

Dreary skies and raining with 4ft waves.

Amber got in touch with her inner track star and shot like a rocket from the v-berth to amidships to secure a loose tank on the deck. Never a pleasant sound when a tank falls from the rack and starts rolling. I don't think it even registered in the customer's mind that she (the customer) was negligent.

Mid-reef for the first dive. Saw several lobsters and two healthy green moray eels. Love our great Atlantic current in Florida for drift dives over the healthy reefs. Great practice for other parts of the world.

Second dive was the wreck corridor - Ana Cecilia, Mizpah, the Rock Pile and Amaryllis. The Ana C is a deceptive wreck. While there are some pleasant swim throughs for the Advanced OW crowd, there are some holds whose penetration turns the dive into a technical one. Rock pile was great - I hadn't paid too much attention in the past but I lingered a little longer this time and found tons of sea life in the cracks and holes. Amaryllis is pretty played out but still worthwhile. I had enough gas to keep going while Amber took the last few folks up to the SS so I shot my DSMB and flew over a stretch of long, structural columns that looked like a gigantic form of Pick Up Sticks. Having done the Ana C quite a few times now, I'm interested in skipping over it and the subsequent wrecks to save some gas so I can explore further north. But that's a dive objective to coordinate with the Captain - I don't want to be a complicating customer that's split off by a mile from the main group. It's a recreational dive after all and PVD runs technical dives if I need to really stretch my legs (like buying the boat for the day for a group of twinset divers to do a two-three hour drift).

Not the best filtration and editing but you get the idea.

1725546197384.jpeg

1725546329716.jpeg

1725546514795.jpeg

Pura Vida for the win on Monday!

Can't say enough positive stuff about Captain Dean (co-owner), Nicole, Amber, Julie and Mike. What a great crew! Excellent communicators one and all - super high performance individuals with crisp standards but relaxed and happy people. Very proud of the work environment Dean, Shana and Jason are providing for the young, super talented dive leaders Pura Vida hires and trains to be standard bearers, IMO.

Dreary skies and raining with 4ft waves.

Amber got in touch with her inner track star and shot like a rocket from the v-berth to amidships to secure a loose tank on the deck. Never a pleasant sound when a tank falls from the rack and starts rolling. I don't think it even registered in the customer's mind that she (the customer) was negligent.

Mid-reef for the first dive. Saw several lobsters and two healthy green moray eels. Love our great Atlantic current in Florida for drift dives over the healthy reefs. Great practice for other parts of the world.

Second dive was the wreck corridor - Ana Cecilia, Mizpah, the Rock Pile and Amaryllis. The Ana C is a deceptive wreck. While there are some pleasant swim throughs for the Advanced OW crowd, there are some holds whose penetration turns the dive into a technical one. Rock pile was great - I hadn't paid too much attention in the past but I lingered a little longer this time and found tons of sea life in the cracks and holes. Amaryllis is pretty played out but still worthwhile. I had enough gas to keep going while Amber took the last few folks up to the SS so I shot my DSMB and flew over a stretch of long, structural columns that looked like a gigantic form of Pick Up Sticks. Having done the Ana C quite a few times now, I'm interested in skipping over it and the subsequent wrecks to save some gas so I can explore further north. But that's a dive objective to coordinate with the Captain - I don't want to be a complicating customer that's split off by a mile from the main group. It's a recreational dive after all and PVD runs technical dives if I need to really stretch my legs (like buying the boat for the day for a group of twinset divers to do a two-three hour drift).

That stretch to the north is fun. I frequently see sharks, GG, turtles or rays. Good for big stuff. I believe they call that Brazilian Docks I think, but I'm not 100% sure. It's just north of China Barge if memory serves me. I've even made it to the Danny before when current is up while on ascent. Sounds like a fun dive!!

ADDITION: I also really like that part because all of the other divers except the most experienced are pretty much gone by then. They've typically blown through their air and are on the surface by then. It is a super peaceful, enjoyable end to the dive.

That stretch to the north is fun. I frequently see sharks, GG, turtles or rays. Good for big stuff. I believe they call that Brazilian Docks I think, but I'm not 100% sure. It's just north of China Barge if memory serves me. I've even made it to the Danny before when current is up while on ascent. Sounds like a fun dive!!

ADDITION: I also really like that part because all of the other divers except the most experienced are pretty much gone by then. They've typically blown through their air and are on the surface by then. It is a super peaceful, enjoyable end to the dive.
I've only made it past the barge while using my DPV. I can't recall if I saw the Brazilian Docks, but I recall running into more rock piles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom