PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgilkes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey All,

I'd like to do a Peak Performance Buoyancy class sometime soon. Any recommendations on a great instructor in Florida? I live in Jacksonville Beach (North Florida), but do most of my diving in South Florida so I'm willing to travel anywhere across the state for a great instructor.

Thanks!

Allen C Riggs is an instructor at American Divers Intl. On Merrit Island. The shop has a deep pool that you can really work on buoyancy and trim exercises.

Thanks for the kind words, @Scott. Unlike the PADI course, you won't get a card from my clinic. Nothing but skills. So, if you're looking for a piece of plastic, I'm not a good choice. If you want to reduce your SAC, have superior trim with resultant buoyancy and learn how to do a frog kick properly, then I'm your Huckleberry. You have to slum it down here in the Keys, but you'll have fun. The link is in my signature.

Thanks for the kind words, @Scott. Unlike the PADI course, you won't get a card from my clinic. Nothing but skills. So, if you're looking for a piece of plastic, I'm not a good choice. If you want to reduce your SAC, have superior trim with resultant buoyancy and learn how to do a frog kick properly, then I'm your Huckleberry. You have to slum it down here in the Keys, but you'll have fun. The link is in my signature.
By way of recommendation, my 14 year old was trained by @NetDoc. He has a grand total of 20 dives under his weight belt. His sac rate on his last two dives were 0.43 and 0.42 respectively. It took me 60 dives to get even close to that.

come check out Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com). We teach PADI, SDI, TDI, IANTD, NAUI and run the best damn buoyancy class you'll find. Plus one of our shops is located at the Blue Heron Bridge for initial dives and then we run off one of our own boats. Give us a shout at 772-600-8288

+1 for NetDoc - you'll also be in the Keys so not a truly hard decision.....
OR join an Invasion/Surge and you can likely get an abbreviated version along with a NASE nitrox cert for free (that was my route)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom