Question thinking of buying some cylinders for florida diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those have to weigh at least 60lbs even without a proper fill.

When I'm lobster hunting, I'm typically sprint kicking about 1 mile each dive and go thru a 130 cuft of gas .But in the off-season and just spearfishing, sneaking up on fish, those numbers drop in half. I post a lot of lobster pictures, 121 tanks are just a tiny part of how & why.

At .40/min you should be able to do well over 2hrs at the shallow BHB. I also loved our HP80s but moved to HP100s because my wife is just way better in air and that balances us out. The 80 is so comfortable though, you barely know it’s there :) If you’re planning to get the hp100s out of storage eventually you might consider 80s for the shallow shore dives.

Right at 50lbs without a valve, my lp108s were 45lbs without a valve which is why I switched back to my hp 100’s which are only 32lbs!

I've been using my 85s since I haven't been leaving the mainline as much practicing scootering. Which I have t start going back into the boonies again soon, I'm not looking forward to hefting my 108s up and down those stairs.

When I'm lobster hunting, I'm typically sprint kicking about 1 mile each dive and go thru a 130 cuft of gas .But in the off-season and just spearfishing, sneaking up on fish, those numbers drop in half. I post a lot of lobster pictures, 121 tanks are just a tiny part of how & why.

My knees are crying just thinking about that on the back of a rocking boat.

It is a struggle getting my cave filled 108s up to my shoulder.

I dove with Pura Vida Saturday on the Marin and everyone was using HP 100's/nitrox. The current was fast over both a reef and the corridor wreck trek. Both Black Flag and Pura Vida limit you dive to 60 minutes.

New steel HP 100s are difficult to buy at a reasonable price right now. I am still waiting for my LDS to get my second HP 100. Galvanized HP 100s are very difficult to find at a reasonable price. If you find a pair of steel HP 100's at a reasonable price, I would get them ASAP.

If you watch OfferUp, Facebook Marketplace and sometimes even Ebay you can pick up some older steel tanks for pretty good prices. So far I have not had a used steel tank fail hydro, even one that came out of the bilge of a boat and was full of rust. That one was part of a group of tanks that I purchased super cheap and was about 1/4 full of rusty water when I opened it up. I was willing to take the risk because the sale of the aluminum tanks that came with it was profitable enough to break even if the tank failed hydro.

Here is a set currently for sale on Facebook.

Here is a set currently for sale on Facebook.

i messaged that guy a few times over the last week since posted, he just leaves me on read...
something odd about that listing.

i messaged that guy a few times over the last week since posted, he just leaves me on read...
something odd about that listing.
I thought it was a little odd also, it may be a hacked profile. He also may just be too busy to constantly check Facebook, I have had that problem myself.

Contentious option:
learn sidemount, add a stage tank when you need more gas than 2xAL80s provide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom