Hey new friends šŸ‘‹šŸ¤æšŸŒŠā˜ŗļø

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Peregrine, but not the TX. I think youā€™ll be very happy with it. Very easy to change settings and it doesnā€™t reset to default over night (a problem you donā€™t hear about until you own one that does - and itā€™s very frustrating).

I also dive a Zena. Itā€™s not BP/W but itā€™s close. Itā€™s made for women and if you add a crotch strap itā€™s pretty amazing. You can order it so that the pieces of it are sized perfectly for the way your body is made. I would recommend going through zeagleexpress.com if you decide to go with a Zena. I suspect most dive shops donā€™t really know how to size them, and if they do, they donā€™t have each of the components in different sizes. The folks there are great to work with. If you are interested in a crotch strap they can add one for a fee. I wish the Zena was already made with one.

When you are looking at BCs, including BP/W do make the effort to try them on WITH a tank attached. I bought a BC and loved it ā€¦ and then put it on a tank and hated the way it sat on my back. The straps bit into my breasts and it was terribly uncomfortable.
That is very good feedback, good point, thank you! Iā€™m going to try to find a dive shop that carries them to check out and order one if I like it. I would assume dive shops rent out different bcs to try, maybe Iā€™ll do that the rest of the summer months to see my options and/or if Iā€™m waiting on the Zena to arrive :)

But thatā€™s great advice to try it on with a tank, I would have gotten lost in the sales sauce and forgotten all about that.

Hopefully underwater is your new happy place like it is for most of us here šŸ˜Ž

It is, it really is. We did half of the certification open diving in the quarry today with little visibility after the rain and I didnā€™t want to leave. Looking up at the sun through the water even 20 feet belowā€¦it is so peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom