Orca Bait January Dive

Alki or Les Davis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone has an easy up - pop up tent, that would be great. UP could you bring along your propane heater, laptop and photos from our Port Hardy trip to show folks?

I hopefully will make it out on Sat. Should be fun to meet some of you folks for the first time. I'm seriously lacking dive buddies in Seattle.

ps- I'm going to swim with the Sea Lions on Hornby Island, BC at the end of Feb...I've heard it's fantastic. Anyone been?

I can bring the heater and propane jug but I'd just as soon leave the laptop home. Hopefully someone has a pop-up shelter or the heater won't do much good.

Actually as balmy as it is outside now I don't know that we will even need a heater!!!

BTW ~ to facilitate meeting we should plan on a spot to gather for introductions. How about at the pop-up tent?

I'm only planning on one since I have another obligation in the afternoon. However I expect most will want to do two and Bob will probably do three or four. :D

Ryan Coke:
I hopefully will make it out on Sat. Should be fun to meet some of you folks for the first time. I'm seriously lacking dive buddies in Seattle.

ps- I'm going to swim with the Sea Lions on Hornby Island, BC at the end of Feb...I've heard it's fantastic. Anyone been?

I have not dove on Hornby but I have been there. Lots of 6-gill sharks gather around Hornby during the summer for unknown reasons. Another cool place to check out is Tribune Bay. It is a very shallow bay where the water heats up quite a bit. I was comfortable to swim in it for over 20 minutes in just a bathing suit. There are not many places in the PNW where you can do that.

I'm planning two dives ... and am bringing all three of my backplate/wing singles rigs for Toby (Fireboat57) and JasonH2O to try out ... BTW - you guys will need to bring weight belts, these rigs don't come with weight pockets. PM me if you have any questions about weighting and we'll make sure you're prepared beforehand.

Ryan, I've been to Hornby Island ... but in the summer looking for six-gills. I assume you're gonna stay with Rob & Amanda at Hornby Island Diving? Great people ... and very nice lodge. Do try to get out and do a night dive on the rock ledge in front of the lodge (Ford Cove) ... it's a very nice dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

puckvirus:
Heres a good question? How many dives are we planning on doing this Saturday?
I'm game to meet earlier than 10am to get in a "prefunc" dive. :) My kid'omatic alarm reliably wakes me and my wife up no later than 5:30 or 6:00.

Though I don't have my own BC yet so Bob has offered to let me try out some of his rigs. If you want to dive earlier with me I'd either need to borrow or rent a BC. I also only have 2 tanks, so I'd have to borrow or rent an extra one of those too.

Thanks,
Jason

JasonH20:
I'm game to meet earlier than 10am to get in a "prefunc" dive. :) My kid'omatic alarm reliably wakes me and my wife up no later than 5:30 or 6:00.

Though I don't have my own BC yet so Bob has offered to let me try out some of his rigs. If you want to dive earlier with me I'd either need to borrow or rent a BC. I also only have 2 tanks, so I'd have to borrow or rent an extra one of those too.

Thanks,
Jason

I can show up earlier, Jason ... say around 8 AM?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'd like to get 2 dives in with DeepDog or OE2X, if they are going to show uP ealyer or do an additional dive after our first one, but if I dont get a responce from them as to their Narc intentions by Friday night I'll show uP at 8am as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom